THE RICKPAULOS COLLECTION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cervelo S1
go fast bike. But not anymore.
inner tube missing in rear wheel.
Ultegra STI 9 speed shifters with 10 speed rear wheel.
105 rear der
Tiagra crank.
Cervelo labeled brake calipers.
mismatched wheels.
goofy seat.
1 broken "toe clip" pedal.
Overall a bunch of mixed parts.
DOH, broken frame. 2 cracks, on either side of the seat post. Didn't see that when I bought it.
Well, it will get parted out and I'll break even.

Frame could be wall art in a man cave.

Cervelo.S1.SNS1A09103636 (1).JPEG

Still won't fix the steering problem though.
To fix the the ackerman, think how the typical front steer geometry is set up. The connecting links off the king pins angle out towards each wheel. This forms a trapezoid of the steering links.

On your trike each arm is parallel, give no change to the angle of each wheel, they are always parallel. Need to cut them off and re-weld them on. The length and angles need to be calculated to match the wheelbase, but any amount will be better than it is.

I've said it before, Schwinns multiply like rabbits. Cleaned out a dozen ladies ef models this weekend.

Tried some different photo angles. You sure see the difference.

First up is with a regular camera.

Pano mode on the iphone while standing still.

Pano mode while walking the length of the line up. The bikes appear to get larger so I must have gotten closer as I walked.

Long range camera but I was running out of daylight.

Schwinn.herd. (3).JPG

Schwinn.pano.stationary.JPG

Schwinn.pano.walking.2000px.JPG

Schwinn.dozen.jpg

Also unloaded 5 USA made department store bikes. Another got added after the photo.

mark.load (1).JPG

new to the herd.

Cannnondale Adventure 3. Has a heavy duty rear wheel. 13 or 12 gauge 36 spoke Wheels Industry wheel. Odd geometry. Short top tube, bars too high. Steers like a truck. Cleaned and lubed.

Cannondale.Adventure3.ICC015001843 (1).jpg

Murray Mt Climber. 24" wheels. Serial number is just a paper sticker. I wonder how they got away with that.
dots, dots, dots. I'm going to make it into a coaster brake bike. Remove the lousy derailleurs and brakes. 28 spoke wheels in 24", definitely old school. I have an excess of 24 hole coaster brake hubs so i'll keep the wide heavy rims. I wonder how they painted all those little dots on the frame. Looks like they were individually applied with a foam tip stick. How many thousands of dots and the labor cost? The rims need paint so maybe I'll go dot crazy. What cheap bean counter specs rim brakes on painted rims? Just a build note, most newer boxmart 24" fake mountain bikes have 36 spoke wheels. These vintage USA bikes have 28s.

Murray.Mt.Climber.5.9776X92-092895.2 (1).jpg

Huffy Superia. Okay, I"ve had several of these before and this is the first time I noticed, is it SUPERia or SUPER 1a ? Hum goofy font. Both a stretch for a Huffy. No cable guides or stops to grind off for the single speed conversion. Internally routed full length cables in the 1990! So much friction to make the plastic thumb friction shifters work even worse. Internal routing was just as annoying then as they are now. Paint is good except where a padlock was banging against the seat tube. End of the kickstand was very rusted over, probably from standing in a dirt floor garage or shed. Oversized frame tubes for a gas pipe frame. Thick rear dropouts. Front rim is bent. I'll build wheels with newer wallyword aluminum rims. But first, some green spray paint on the rims. This bike is so old it was made in the USA. Dismantled and washed.

Huffy.Super1A.K6667--9093711F0914 (1).jpg

Huffy.Super1A.K6667--9093711F0914 (2).jpg

Last edited:
found abandoned out the back door.

1966 Schwinn Hollywood.
Surely the stem is stuck. Head set turns okay. Much less common white & rose color. 1973 Lemars (iowa) license sticker 699

Img_3200.jpg

Img_3201.jpg

Img_3202.jpg

Latest posts

Back