The Shelbinator. 37 Shelby Y Frame Muscle Truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CEAB830F-34E8-4653-865B-5DA75CCA6F5A.jpeg

I was really hoping to see you at the OBC ride with this bad boy but guess you had your hands full. 😂 😂 Bike looks great & I've seen it go though the gears. The parachute will be a performance accessory. Not just for looks.....:thumbsup:

I was really hoping to see you at the OBC ride with this bad boy but guess you had your hands full. 😂 😂 Bike looks great & I've seen it go though the gears. The parachute will be a performance accessory. Not just for looks.....:thumbsup:
I know bro. I was suppose to get in before midnight after gig. But the truck and trailer died. Didn’t get it back up and going till almost 3 am in Greeley. Then I got home…. Unwound. Sun was almost coming up. Hahahah. Then the roofers showed up…. I had maybe 3 hours sleep and there was no Fin way I was going to have the energy to ride, Was bummed as the bike was ready to go……

Brrrrrr…..! Don’t you live in Denver, Bro Isn’t there like 2 feet of snow there right now?

I have no idea how I managed to ride bicycles in Minnesota in the winter. Well, except that I was a paper boy and I was getting paid to do it. ;)

Brrrrrr…..! Don’t you live in Denver, Bro Isn’t there like 2 feet of snow there right now?

I have no idea how I managed to ride bicycles in Minnesota in the winter. Well, except that I was a paper boy and I was getting paid to do it. ;)
Nothing on ground here in Boulder County. It comes and goes real fast here in the front range. The mountains and the eastern plains will often times get it way worse than us.

Fortunately we meet every month so if responsibilities interfere there's always next month. Maybe it will be shorts weather! :thumbsup:

I went on one of those polar bear things.

We took the motorcycles across Tehachapi in winter, and I nearly had hypothermia by the time I got down to the valley.

It was easier when I was a kid. I remember riding from Logan to Ogden on a Yamaha 180, in a snowfall. It’s funny how having 6 inches of snow packed on the front of you cuts the wind.

By the time I got to Riverdale Utah I looked like the Michelin tire man.

Last edited:
This Shelby turned out fantastic. Amazing transformation!
Thank you. The original purchase spawned quite a few laughs from family members. It sat all emotionally beaten down by the comments of my wife. Hahaha. Now it shines in the sunlight going…nanana pooo poo….. my wife doesn’t believe it when I tell her it was that bike.

It was great to have a chance to stop by & see this bad boy in person. Very impressive!!:heart: Can't wait to get in a ride to see it in action!

Finished up the chute deployment mechanism today. A Macguyver creation of miscellaneous brake stop pieces and cable guide. Using a bass G string, appropriately as I will be flying by the seat of my pants when released. I used an aluminum sleeve to pinch off the end of string and provide a smooth withdrawal of deployment pin.
02A0E42F-E0CD-424F-8616-B7782AFB0BBB.jpeg
14B138E9-C582-40E5-A41A-7337DF6054A7.jpeg
424DA0E9-C300-4D3B-B204-08CD858B7C38.jpeg
BB357608-801C-4F74-AE70-C32E36781CAD.jpeg

Little tweaks this morning before I jump the Snake River Canyon. 😄. Changed out the seat post and clamp. Much better now. Bent the shifter for clearance with new shifter knob. Added the front lighting. Wanted to do the chute while all the family was here to pick me up off the asphalt. But the roads are still filled with slush. Video and final pics soon.
787C29FC-AEB1-4299-A4FD-678D9F1D8EA7.jpeg
A401A1C7-7C39-4CF2-89C6-8DE2AEFC1C86.jpeg
A6DEF652-C058-401C-80EE-085416231E47.jpeg
8564F1A5-D457-46E0-8144-5D44BABE8C19.jpeg

Latest posts

Back