The Skateboarding Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought it might be cool to have a thread about skateboarding. Do any of you guys skate? If so, street, vert, longboarding, etc? Whats your current setup, maybe post reviews of stuff you like and ask questions about tricks and stuff like that.

I'm hoping to eventually acquire a neon green Penny "Nickle" with purple wheels.

Haven't skated in 25 years either. :shock:

i haven't been on a board sense, 1977. :cry:
first in 1971. still, have the Nash, & Sizzler.

seen them and a Hotwheels;
while digging threw cycling parts. :idea:

i know where they are. :)

I used to skate vert way back in the day but got into BMX and then got more into collecting bikes in general, Still have a few of my old boards though. Mostly cheap junk but I got one that was better that I rode a lot, I can't remember what it is, I'll look tomorrow.

I turned 50 last year and rode a skateboard a lot during and afer the RRBBO6.

Bike2.jpg

I no longer skate due to a blown knee and the fact that I just can't risk injuring my hands for my job, but I've been a skateboarder since about 1981. Street all the way. I still check out vids on line a few times a week and consider myself a skater at heart, I just wish I could afford the risk still. Thank goodness for cool bicycles ;)

I did pick up a longboard for the first time about 6 months ago that I'll cruise the neighborhood on though. That helps the craving a bit :wink:

any time i get a chance i skate!!!! i collect old skool boards like bahne , honu's, some G and S , POWELLS , fiberflex, with the goodies :mrgreen: :mrgreen: any chance i get to SHRED(sorry for the cheesy 80's words... cant help it there too awsome) i just luv my board (just dont tell my bikes :wink: :wink: ) rat on and ride and keep shredin those concrete waves bros :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I used a long board on this ride 8) :mrgreen:
scooter016.jpg
camera-Black19-1.jpg

I started in 1969 when I was 10 on solid oak w/ Chicago trks & clay wheels. In '79 I switched to G&S w/ Gullwings & Kryptos. In '99 I switched to a 48" lb with grindkings and eBay wheels. In '09 I kinda went skateboard crazy and have had a dozen boards with randals, indys, trackers, S9s, rainskates, Abec 11, BDS, etc.

I love to ride the neighborhood and big hills luge style when I'm not in pain. No more parks for me.

Mick

I still have my well used collection of boards from the 70's. Not the same passion as I have for bikes. One of these days they will all be on ebay. Krypto foamcore , GS Fiberflex, SantaCruz....

Rat Rod said:
I'm hoping to eventually acquire a neon green Penny "Nickle" with purple wheels.

Haven't skated in 25 years either. :shock:

I just got a Penny "Nickel" board yesterday at my local skate shop. It is the coolest thing ever, mine is orange and black. It rolls and corners so smooth and is definitely worth the money.

Looked at my old board again today, just an old beat up board with some old school Venture trucks and a few blood stains. Then got the bright idea to try to ride again... :roll: Okay so I'm not as good as I once was. :oops: I think I'll stick to bicycles.

Im 38 and all my friends think Im crazy because I have my own skateboard and get out and ride with my kids. oh its a element board and wheels, my oldest has a PLAN B Sheckler board and a Alva new school board

Just found another skateboard today, Has a nasty hole in the deck but the wheels and trucks are good. Kryptonics any good? I never heard of them.

outskirtscustoms said:
Just found another skateboard today, Has a nasty hole in the deck but the wheels and trucks are good. Kryptonics any good? I never heard of them.

I think kryptonics is considered to be an entry level brand. Never personally had one though.

I'm 35 and have a 3 foot mini in my back yard, I've always been a street skater, had chances to get sponsored back in the 90's. I built the mini about 2 years ago with some professional ramp plans, its super nice, fast and smooth. I fell on it about 3 months ago, I mean slammed hard, right on my lower back, my back has been jacked ever since. Every now and then I break out one of my longboards and bomb the neighborhood. I still have some pretty killer setups, I have a Cab metal dragon, Ray Underhill Powell , Tony Mag H-Street and a bunch of others, I usually ride a 8.5 Alien Workshop setup with Grind Kings on the mini, I put Grind Kings on all of my boards, only King Pin I have never broken, best trucks ever made, Heres a couple pics of my ramp.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Willg said:
outskirtscustoms said:

I think kryptonics is considered to be an entry level brand. Never personally had one though.

Kriptonics, I rode Kriptonics back in the 80's and they were the heat, not the same chinese company they are today.

Back