The start of my Trike build!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well finally got some motivation to start piecing together my Miami Sun Trike...heres a few pics.. Im also debating either using the smaller sissy bar w/ banana seat or the original seat(supppper comfortable) ... and debating on if I want to us the WCC front 20in wheel or the OCC 24in.. and the basket will probably stay lol

Opinions are always welcome!
At the end... Id like to throw an engine on here too! :p
trike4.jpg

trike3.jpg

trike2.jpg

trike1.jpg

trikechico.jpg

hope ur axles will fit ...those hubs ..we had one heck of a time with the axle on this one ...we had 2 die grind the hubs put in brass sleaves ..that was after we had 2 get longer axles cut ...but it turned out ok i think !!!! good luck man ill keep my eyes on this build !!!! MIKE
img1276732211514.jpg

img1276732211169.jpg

this is pretty much what we started with !!
img1268520754292.jpg

Actually Im reusing the OEM hubs from the Miami Sun trike... I didnt feel like messing with it.. so I dropped them off to the local bike shop.. hopefully within a week Ill get them back.

Yours looks good!

I like it. It's funny how all the trike builders go from the skinny kinda boring 3 wheeler, to the super phat hot rod. Looks like it's going to be cool. Can't wait to see the progression.

Just an update:

I decided 100% to use the front WCC wheel and the rear are going to be powder coated gloss black to match the front!

I dropped off the rear wheels to a local bike shop to respoke the OCC wheels to the OEM trike hubs!

Since I do not have access to a welder, the powder coater is a welder too... so I need to think about what Id like to do... something different 8)

So this project has been coming together SLOWLY. While waiting for the wheels to get respoked... i had money to burn and invested it to my truck lol But heres the OCC fat wheels, powder coated and re spoked to the trikes hubs.
For now, I think im going to put it back together and just ride it AS- IS... maybe spray paint it...
FUTURE plans:
- modify the frame to make it look more MANLY lol
- Powder coat the frame BRIGGGGGHT RED and other misc parts BLACK
- Engine
- Stereo

occspokedwheel.jpg

Alright well heres the bike as it sits for right now. Im holding off on the engine and powder coating the frame for the time being... theres a before and after.
Marksphone059.jpg

and now

trike1-1.jpg

I took it for quick ride down block and back, and man I need quit smokin lol. I def need an engine. rides good for most part. It has coaster brakes, I need figure out on what size axle and crank I'd need so I wouldn't have to pedal as much to picked up speed. Also my front hand brake wouldn't work with this tire, need to figure my options, then il l be down for a cruise

That is too cool! you gotta ride with us next month or this summer like Skipton said!

Back