The Streamliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also feel the fender should stay. I think a full bodywork bike without the front fender would look either incomplete or uncomplete. (Ok, a bagger bike will usually get away with it).

I think someone suggested louvre openings earlier, I'd consider some to make sure motor is being cooled enough. Although as long as you don't ride it like you stole it I wouldn't worry too much about overheating. Never actually heard of anyone overheating their E-motor.
Still, I think you should go with your original plan and use the fender.

What a beauty!!!!! It's cool beyond words already, but it does need a streamlined front to be complete both artistically and functionally. You gotta have the leading edge cut through the air if you have any hopes of "going plaid" and reaching Ludicrous Speed.

index.php

Hmm. Maybe continue the arc created from the rear forward on the lower half of the body, to bring a nice covered front wheel peeking out at the front. What is the rear lip off the ground, maybe 10 inches? Match the front lip...might be cool.

Carl.

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...

Just taken it for its first run with the bodywork on. Loved it!!

I made a couple of flip round covers for the key switch and battery charging point. View attachment 102417
Just need to make the headlight area and saddle then decide if I'm going to cover the front wheel. I quite like it open.
Any thoughts?
View attachment 102418
To have done all this work and not do the front would be criminal, it would be fair to pause here to make sure it is ridable and enterable though. (Provided it got fully finished at a later date of course. ;))

Made a start on left side the front cover.
:113:
tenor.gif

Will it get done in time for the weekend?
You can do it!
tenor.gif

Will it get done before September 9th?
Of course! We believe in you! Don't let us down!
giphy.gif

Will it look garbage?
Certainly not!
giphy.gif

Will I have done enough work to pay my bills this month?
I hope so!
giphy.gif

Exciting isn't it!
Oh YES!
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Not in actual looks, but in concept, your creation always brings the Buell RR1200 Battletwin to mind. So, maybe some inspiration...

View attachment 102570

Jason
That's exactly what I was trying to get at in my comment above ^ ! Perfect example Jason!

A blank canvas
DSC_0922.JPG

I drew all sorts of line on it to see what looked right.
I tried all of your suggestions, but actually went right back to an idea I had a few years ago for an "art deco" bike.
DSC_0923.JPG

I needed to make another batch of those threaded plates. Man, they are tiresome to make... Mark out, centre punch, drill, tap, debur, jigsaw them out, debur the edges, degrease them, paint and finally run the tap through to clear any paint from the thread. Then I can rivet them in place!

So this is how the bike looks now
DSC_0925.JPG

I've had to take it apart so it will fit in my car in the morning. At least I hope it will fit in!
My son is going to the drag racing with me so we are taking his bike on the bike rack.
It's a shame I can't be there on judging day, but hey ho, it's not like I've put much effort in......

Latest posts

Back