The Stretched Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I came across this site the other day and wanted to share the bike that I have been working on. It started life as a Walmart Huffy cruiser that I got for free. It is stretched out 18". It is painted flat black with red wheels. I had a buddy of mine strip it all up for me. I added a springer front end with the biggest handle bars I could find. This is where I am now with the bike. Have have some ideas for some little stuff to do to it some day. Let me know what you think...
im000364.jpg

im000368.jpg

im000369.jpg

im000373.jpg

beachcriuser025.jpg

beachcriuser026.jpg

beachcriuser027.jpg

beachcriuser015.jpg

beachcriuser021.jpg

VERY NICE workmanship.........Looks factory!

Nice work!!....Couple questions on it since I have a similar bike to start with on the way...the "Big Daddy" Huffy Rat.What size are the seat post,handle bars and fork neck...the bike is not here yet and I need parts coming.
I want a bent fork springer,layback seat post and apes!
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_...003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=080W020239830001P
I have a show at the end of this month,or I would wait til the bike gets here.

GTX said:
Nice work!!....Couple questions on it since I have a similar bike to start with on the way...the "Big Daddy" Huffy Rat.What size are the seat post,handle bars and fork neck...the bike is not here yet and I need parts coming.
I want a bent fork springer,layback seat post and apes!
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_...003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=080W020239830001P
I have a show at the end of this month,or I would wait til the bike gets here.

Hey man the the fork neck is for a 1" steer tube. I believe that the stem is for 1-1/8" handle bars. I had to add some shims for the 1" handle bars. I also think the seat post is 1" but I will check it tomorrow for you. Any other question let me know...

Realy Great Work :!:

it seems to be done at a factory , you should get you self a Pantent on it 8) cool Job.

Thanks Dragn!! I'm hoping the bent fork will stretch the wheels apart some.They look too close together factory.

Cool...I'm looking on Ebay for junk now...no FLBS here for custom parts to speak of.I do use the local shop for wheel work though.

Thanks Dragn....I put what I got so far here in the Huffy "Big Daddy" post.I'm just using this one for practice before I move on to harder stuff. 8) Looking for a Rat Fink Head for it!
bigdaddy003-vi.jpg

I would like to fab a stretch frame,similar to the Fluid Firebike design,wet disc brakes,fat tires,and definately at least a 3 speed hub...it's not flat here.

That is beautiful..nice job..the lines flow soooo nice..really sharp, and the striping is spectacular..I have been a welder for about thirty years, and all I can say is you got skills !!

Nice job well done 8) The bike came out fantastic..

Back