The Swing Thing (updated 8/11)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Swing Thing

Ok the build off bike is done so it's time to get the swing bike going again. With the exception of cables and a chain I think I've got all of the parts together. I've gotten most of the bondo work done (man I hate bondo) and I'm getting closer to painting. I have changed my mind like a million times on what color to go with, so I figured I would see what input you guys might have. I'm currently leaning towards either a metallic blue, flat white, or a metallic gold. Let me know your thoughts.

Re: The Swing Thing (paint opinions needed)

Looking good boy I'm proud of you. Once you do about 25 wheels in two weeks it gets real easy. Till you accidentally stick the extra two half inch shorter ones in. :shock: :shock: :lol: I cast my vote for burnt orange.

navy blue metallic with lighter blue pinstripe flames. :wink:

Are you going to put the wheelie bar on it still? Let's see it finished!

Thanks guys for the opinions. I think I know how I'm going to paint it, now I just need to go find the paint.

Uncle Stretch- Having all the right sized spokes definitely helps in the wheel building process, lol.

Thatismytruck- I really considered that, but my build off bike was bare and I want to mix it up a bit.

Borlaxx- The picture of the wheelie bar is from when bikebuilder was making the frame, so unfortunately it's not mine.

Went to get paint and couldn't find what I wanted, so I just picked out something. It's a silvery blue that was different than what I had orignally planned. It's a cool color though and we'll see how it turns out once it gets put together.

DSC05038.jpg

Re: The Swing Thing (paint preview)

I have to say I was kinda sceptical about this bike at first :? But I cant stop looking at this thing! I really think it came out fantastic. My color pick was going to be grannie Smith green, but the blue actually looks cool. Cant wait till its done.

sweeet! i loved the look of the spidery bare metal and brazing with the gussett holes.. i might have to try that look out. the paint looks quite nice, curious to see how it looks when together. Is there a reason for the short crank?

like the paint! wonder how its going to look with the seat and grips.

Finished getting it together and took it for a ride today. Still working on getting the brake adjusted right, but other than that it rides really good. Took just a couple shots before the light was totally gone. There are still some miscellaneous stuff I need to finish but it's getting close to being done.

DSC05042.jpg

DSC05043.jpg

DSC05044.jpg

wow mark that thing looks really great!!! another amazing build from you sir. now we need some video of you riding that thing!!!!

Easy E

Wow! I really like you color combo. Can't wait to see it in action.

I thought you were going to drill holes in the frame for the cables.

Back