The Swingbike "Orange Krate" is done.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am calling it done. I could put sissy bar shocks on and a chrome five speed chainguard, but I dont want to spend the money. Besides a fully suspended swingbike would feel like riding a marshmallow.

bikepics115.jpg

bikepics117.jpg

bikepics118.jpg

bikepics119.jpg

Thanks for the help with finding parts and suggestions.
A special thanks goes to Kram and a couple of ebay customers who bought frames from me.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

That is awesome, love how long the frame is. What kind of disc brake is that?

necessaryevil said:
What kind of disc brake is that?

Thanks, It is a shimano disc brake that came from a '70s-Possibly '80's schwinn road bike. 36 hole hub. It works pretty good. It will lock up the rear wheel even with the slick. What was the one you used on your milk krate?

Mine was a Shimano as well, your's looks like it has a nice mounting bracket for the frame. When are we going to see some video of this bike in action?

I have seen somone use this model brake on an apple krate once. It looked like belonged there. It does have a clamp to hold it on the seat stay. I had hoped to use the stock clamp on the sissy bars, but because my rear fork area is bigger around than a schwinn seat stay, I had to make an adapter for it. It worked out pretty good.

As far as a video of it in action goes, I am planning on making a new one sometime after the snow melts.

I hear you have an original swingbike. If you want to send some footage, I'd be happy to include it. I want to get several bikes in the next video.

Yeah, I love my swingbike. I'll need a little more practice before I send any video, these bikes are just too fun. :D

That turned out really nice. Swingbikes are fun to ride. Heres my original green swingbike and a near future project frame.
DSCN0174.jpg

DSCN0175.jpg

007-31.jpg

008-30.jpg

009-28.jpg

Back