The time has come...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all, these forum introductions are always so awkward at first and I'm not even face to face to with any of you!!

My name is Jared, I'm 27 and I've been into bikes since I was about 4 or 5. I could tear them down and slap them together with the best of them, but once I was able to drive my passions moved toward the other love in my hobby life, my car.
I've never forgotten where things got started, my first bike also gave me my first taste of freedom and I've always kept a bike or two around, but last night while watching an episode of American Pickers my flame was re-ignited for bicycles as I watched them pull a Schwinn Phantom from a pile of junk inside an old barn.
I currently have an all original 1968 Murray 20x24 that I got from a neighbor several years ago. He needed a mattress, I needed a bike and to this day I don't know that I've ever made a better deal. I also found what looks like a late 70's maybe early 80's model Schwinn roadbike in my landlords shed that I'm trying to convince him to sell me.
My girlfriend and I have been disscussing getting some newer bikes to putz around the neighborhood on, but after looking around at some prices I'm convinced I could build a better, more unique set of bikes for us from used vintage and modern parts. Which brings me here...

Back