The Way Out Suburbanite

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Way Out Suburbanite...Tank 1 or Tank 2?

Man the paint on this thing is gorgeous! Especially when contrasted against the white treads :D 8) heck you could call it done right now and have a kick ... bike! In terms of tanks Im liking the art deco vibe of tank one, and I reckon it'll go well with the art deco vibe of the teardrop trailer too. :wink:

I like the shape of tank two, but a quick question- Is the dark wood on tank two the same type as the dark wood on tank one? I ask because I think some stripes the color of the wood on tank one would look cool. Kinda mixing tank one and two.

have to agree, i dig those fins on tank #1.

imo tank one looks better because its finished, but the "gills" stick out a bit too far. It would be nice to see tank two more finished to give it a fair chance, i feel like it would end up looking better. Either way, bike looks amazing, and very well done.

I like tank #2 better...The curves of the "bulge" are mimicked on the trailer, so I feel that it looks more unified. However, I think that if you carried the horizontal lines of tank #1 through to the trailer, then that one would look cool. Like others have said: either way that's one classy ride! 8) BTW...Is the top of that front tire as close to the bottom triple tree as it looks! :shock:

tank one, for sure. it just fits the build. :D

Thanks again for all the great comments, I think I am leaning towards tank 1, its simple and the I do like the Deco look of it, I did build tank 2 to tie in with the trailer, but it ended up looking like a fish imo :roll:

bikeriderx said:
BTW...Is the top of that front tire as close to the bottom triple tree as it looks! :shock:

Its about a 1/4", usually I notch the bottom of the tree around the tire and have about a 1/8" gap(karfer taught me that one(see his Ratty Truck build or my Mad Wagon build)) but because of the truss rods I had to run it a little higher then I normally would.

udallcustombikes said:
I like the shape of tank two, but a quick question- Is the dark wood on tank two the same type as the dark wood on tank one? I ask because I think some stripes the color of the wood on tank one would look cool. Kinda mixing tank one and two.

Yeah its all the same, just tank two and the trailer are missing the clear coat, when finished they will match tank 1

bikeriderx said:
I like tank #2 better...The curves of the "bulge" are mimicked on the trailer, so I feel that it looks more unified. However, I think that if you carried the horizontal lines of tank #1 through to the trailer, then that one would look cool. Like others have said: either way that's one classy ride! 8) BTW...Is the top of that front tire as close to the bottom triple tree as it looks! :shock:

I feel the same, the finshed look will tell...
My vote goes for #2, don´t discard it yet!

Tank 2 matches up with the teardrop.

Re: The Way Out Suburbanite...Tank 1

Thanks for everyone's imput, I think I am going to stick with the original tank or tank 1. I did however figure a way to dress it up a bit so stay tuned for updates!

Re: The Way Out Suburbanite...Progress 5/26

garagegoon said:
Looks awsome... The whole combo has good flow... Where did you get yer bars from?

Sorry been meaning to respond to this, I found the bars at another a fellow collectors house, they're repops from the 90's

absolutely love the bike, color is the shiz and cranks are crazy nice. Personally think the bars and the trussrods on the forks really clutter up the front end of the bike, just looks soo smoothe and clean from the back and just crashes into chaos in the front...but im a minimalist so don't listen to me :p

Latest posts

Back