The Way Out Suburbanite

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Way Out Suburbanite...how to distroy all progess I made

well Its back, the frame paint job is all redone, this has been the most expensive rattle can paint job ever, $110 in just the color shifting paint...ouch! :shock:

This week has been very unmotivating, I need to spend more time working on the trailer, maybe this weekend. :|

Re: The Way Out Suburbanite...how to distroy all progess I made

Schweetcruisers said:
well Its back, the frame paint job is all redone, this has been the most expensive rattle can paint job ever, $110 in just the color shifting paint...ouch! :shock:

This week has been very unmotivating, I need to spend more time working on the trailer, maybe this weekend. :|
You've got till August...you'll get there :D No Worries, take your time.

Re: The Way Out Suburbanite...Progress I guess

Started to reassemble the bike after repainting it.

Decided to add a little something different to the triple tree, I used an original Schwinn Truss Rod Set to dress it up a bit
DSC00073.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

Found a set of cross bar handlebars in my stash
DSC00081.jpg

I did some stuff on the trailer also, but don't have all the photos taken yet!

Great job so far, love the color, the fork and the wheel and tire combo, nicely done. Well worth the money for the paint.

love the triple tree, but not so much with the truss rods, i think its a bit too much, but maybe its just the way the pics are. :)

Is there a stop that keeps the forks from hitting the frame? I'd hate to see a chip out of that paint job.

Re: The Way Out Suburbanite...Progress

So the goal for today was getting it ridable and taking it for a spin, for the first time in a very long time the bike was riden, by long time I mean a loooong time, is sat behind a barn in the Mountains since the eighties and who knows how long it was unridable before that.

OOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHH! It came back from the platers today!
DSC00088.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

New Person Tear Drop Pedals
DSC00092.jpg

The Combo
DSC00099.jpg

Sitting Pretty (seat may change, I stole from another bike I have)
DSC00094.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

Better pictures of the Truss/Triple Tree Fork
DSC00095.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

So after its photoshoot I took her for a spin, surprisingly its easy to pedal with the huge chain ring, I may upgrade the rear cog to a 21 tooth as apposed to a 19.

Wildcat said:
Is there a stop that keeps the forks from hitting the frame? I'd hate to see a chip out of that paint job.

As of right now no there is not any kind of stop, but the wood tank will help stop it.

Re: The Way Out Suburbanite...Progress 5/26

sick! totally friggin sick! (thats a good thing. :) )

Looks awsome... The whole combo has good flow... Where did you get yer bars from?

Beautiful!
She´s screaming for a head light; can´t wait to see da tank!

wow man! done! :D

Thanks guys, but its SOOOOOOO far from being done, I still have a bunch to do like,

wood tank
finishing the trailer
woodie accents
dash board
and a few thing I not disclosing yet!!!

Schweetcruisers said:
icyuod2 said:
sick! totally friggin sick! (thats a good thing. :) )

Thanks but its nothing compared to yours :mrgreen:

i'd be totally proud sporting that bike around town. top notch, even compared to mine.

Re: The Way Out Suburbanite...Tank 1 or Tank 2?

So if go back through the tread you'll see the first tank I made so that is tank 1. I remade the tank but not sure how I feel about it so, I leave it to RatRod Bike nation.

Tank 1
DSC00105.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

Tank 2(tank is unfinished)
DSC00102.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

Oh yeah the progress on the teardrop....Walnut accent is done on the sides
DSC00100.jpg

Latest posts

Back