This is Why I Hate The General Public.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had a nickel for every liar and loser I have ran into in this world. Dont ask me why people do what they do.

Saturday a lady calls with several kids bikes. Lady seems nice and we agree for me to pick them up Monday...today. I am giving her a few bucks not free. I just called her to say I was coming this morning and to work out a good time. Answers the phone ( and yes its the same lady not a wrong number) Surprised she even answered. Now claims she never spoke to me and didnt know what I was talking about.

I am not a big people person and thats exactly why.

I hear you, I get similar things all the time, people saying I'll come buy that tomorrow, next day rolls around and no show, no call, nothing.

Yeah I get the no show crap all the time. These were kids stuff so no big loss its just the point. I can never rationalize others ways of thinking. She didnt sell them its just how people are. Its not the first person who didnt follow thru with me and certainly not the last. I often wonder why they call to start with. I know for a fact how hard bikes are to get rid of here and when it comes to kids bikes forget it.

schwinnmesa said:
Sooooo commonplace. You can never trust people; I don't care what anyone says.

DTA Dont Trust Anybody is exactly right. I hate a liar especially when it comes to buying and selling. Stuff like "I will call you back" means this is the last time youll hear from me. Believe me ive heard it all. Just the other week some lowlife was a no show at his home to look at a bike.I cant tell you how many wasted trips I have made to look at a bike in good condition that turned out to be junk.Why lie? I dont get it.

As for liars who exaggerate the condition of bikes , many of these people actually fool themselves into thinking that their scrap is gold . It is the no shows that bug me . I recently felt the other end of the effect of all these liars . I answered a craigslist add for a Felt framed cruiser in metal flake blue with a springer front end and fat white wall tires . The young man had asked asked $100 for it . I knew that this bike would not last till after I got off work that night , so I comtacted him with an offer of $200 . He accepted my offer and told me he had no problem staying up to wait as it was his usual schedule . I arrived at his apartment at just after 1:00 am to discover he sold it because he was apparently convinced I would no show . I had done the best I could to be fair doubling his asking price when I adked him to hold it for me, as a general rule i never hold an item I open listed for sale , first cash always takes it . This is why I,would never ask for such consideration without offering compensation.

Money talks, cash first takes it unless you actually PAID the guy to hold it its fair game. I bought a bike last week this way late in the day (5 ish) from a yard sale.

I don't trust people though, especially women. I have never met an honest one yet, it didn't make a difference their walks of life they are all the same!

Negativity breeds... What you do and how you act reflects who you are. Call it karma, call it "What comes around goes around." But I try to not let what others do effect my peace of mind. Don't let peoples flaws rent space in your head. The only person it's bothering is you, and it's just not worth it. To wear the world like a loose jacket, means you can shrug off troubles at any time. While I'm not perfect at it, I'm waaay happier when I can adopt this point of view.

Back