Three Bikes Under The Knife Today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh boy I have too many projects under the way and I started 3 today. First is a Ross Central Park. Twin Top Tube Canti frame from another Rat Rodder. So I went to sand the frame and it broke. Under the two colors of primer and rust the seat stays had been rewelded. No fixing these, to much rust. I really hate to scrap it. Then I remember a rendering of at cool looking Canti frame full suspension clunker. So I started one of my own.

Add the rear swing arm from a Ladies NEXT 7 Speed.

Start Cutting up the goods

Start Welding

Up on two wheels.

Now I need a Monarch front end to make a ultra cool ride.

the poor old frame

The other two, Huffy Cranbrook Gender Change....

And an Alenax change to a normal pedal bike....

The Alenax parts gone and i just need to remove the plate on the BB Shell to install the new BB. Dont worry, the bike was a basket case anyway. No need to scrap it when I can make it go again. Just going to single speed it. It has track style drop outs.

Single Speed now.

Close up, the welder was cooperating with me today

The upper bracket, just some scrap that just was about perfect for the shock mount.

I also did a bunch of additional welding on the the frame. I didn't want it to fall apart on a ride, head tube and canti bars were welded. Stock form was just a spot weld.

Going for this look on the bike, got mine rider last night.
The Dream Cruiser I found on the site a while back.
I just need the front end

Sinner4 said:
Going for this look on the bike, got mine rider last night.
The Dream Cruiser I found on the site a while back.
I just need the front end

Nice to see someone making it a reality , even if its not exactly the same , its looking good so far

As of right now.. Big tires are looking good. Some sanding done. Going to look into some parts to start the front end.
I might need a lay back seat post

Back