Thrift store find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I dropped by my local Red Racks store, (DAV), and ran across this Schwnn Suburban in pretty good shape. A new manager took the reigns over at the store last year and all of a sudden, the old bike prices there have soared in price. He put a price of $59.95 on it, I passed. What say my fellow ratter's here?
schwinn_suburban.jpg

serial_number.jpg

tin machine said:
well here in tallahassee florida , its a college town , the skinny jeans kid love those bikes , and at one time you could get 150 easy any day of the week , now theres to much competition , but a nice bike ready to ride 59,00 is not two much i don't think !! :wink:
Tongue in cheek, I guess it will play in Tallahassee. I may keep tabs on it for the next few days and see if the price drops.

Around here I'd sell that for exactly what they are asking. Looks nice but I'd go like $30 max on it. If it was a men's frame it'd be worth it.

Up here in the great white north, we can't give these things away. Usually I end up with all of them. Personaly, 50$ is a shade of crazy for around here.

charliechaindrive said:
Up here in the great white north, we can't give these things away. Usually I end up with all of them. Personaly, 50$ is a shade of crazy for around here.

Funny. True. As a fellow citizen of, "the great white north" I literally had the scrap guy at my work give me a 1973 men's Suburban frame today.

That said, at $59 the price doesn't seem out of line if it's in decent shape.

I could sell that bike for $175 $200 all day long.. Pepole would travel out of NYC for it..And they would be happy.. :wink: Oh dump that Tractor seat..!

jaydub said:
I could sell that bike for $175 $200 all day long.. Pepole would travel out of NYC for it..And they would be happy.. :wink: Oh dump that Tractor seat..!
Wish I could ship you all my light weights.I cant hardly give them away around where I live.

I think that is a nice price and would most likely be around $200 here which might sell but if you have a nice tank bike no one would even give it a look other than the spammers or me when I actually have the money.

It looks to be in nice shape for that price.
If you like the bike, go for it.

54shadow said:
Here's the thing, I tried to decipher the serial number, but, it is Greek to me. Any clues?

Being as late as it is, 70s-80s, the helpful serial would have been either on the headtube or stamped on the headbadge.

I thought I had it good living next to Ann Arbor/U of M with 75-100$ lightweight sale prices but 150+! That's awesome.

jaydub said:
wow. I've passed on so many of these 70's and 80's lightweights. it's amazing that you can get 200$ out of these, I've got 9 of them rotting behind the cattleshed..

70s with 27" rims, definitely worth it if the tires are decent, and you actually have a need for it! Beats a wallyworld special all day long. -Adam

Latest posts

Back