Today: Scwhinn World Road Bike 10 Bucks...+ all my last month 'Finds'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what's that hangin' off the back of my car?
schwinncar.png
Picked up this Schwinn World today at Thrift Shop. $10.00
Haven't checked year yet...I think they were made in late 70s and into most of the 1980s.
Tires are shot, hard as a rock...bike looks sound, just needs cleaning up
I just sponged a bit off the back stays and around the Schwinn name on downtube, the paint looks super.
schwinnchnstay.jpg

schwinndntube.jpg

And, here's my finds for the past month (below)....most were roadside, put out for trash, I take them down, clean them, repack all bearings, shine, wax or paint as needed, swap any parts or tires, tubes needed from the 'shed parts collection'...and get them ready to list on CL. Only ones I paid for are two mountain bikes..A red GT Outpost $16.00, and I think it's a Murray blue and yellow Eagle River $15.00, and, that old trike...paid $50.00

bikcollectshn1.jpg

So..that's whats in the stable now. (Gone are an additional 6 that I flipped on CList in the last 2 weeks.)
Hey..not that I 'need' another bike.:)..but I keep on finding them and fixing them.
Little frame on the end there is a 16" Hot Wheels BMX...cute little bike, just got that all put together today.
Best to all
FRANCO

Latest posts

Back