Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I'm really quite new to the bike culture. I just bought a felt cruiser. It's a single speed with coaster brake. I wanted to know what tools are essential to maintain this bike properly and what tools are pointless to own? Thanks.

You want a 15mm combination wench, a 13mm, 15mm, and 17mm cone wrench, a set of metric Allens, some 2 marine or bearing grease, and depending on what your headset is like, you might need some headset wrenches.... it it's threaded. ( Threadless, you'll just need to use the allens...) I'd suggest getting a pedal wrench too-- using the cone wrench on pedals might bend it, and depending on your pedals, a regular open-end 15mm wrench might not clear the pedal's cage or platform. I'm assuming your cruiser has a 3 piece crank (I believe a lot of Felts do), in which case you'll someday need a crank-puller and some BB tools, which will vary depending on what BB you're running. If it's a one-piece crank, you'll need a big ol' hook spanner. Let's see, oh....definitely get a chain breaker. There's other stuff you'd need for overhauls and major repairs, but this will get you thru basic maintenance nicely. Peruse the Park Tool site for guidance.

---and welcome to RRB!!!

Back