Top Fuel Eliminator

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_2650.jpeg
IMG_2651.jpeg

Well I decided to go ahead and join this build off, if for no other reason then to get some of these rusty bikes out of my garage/shop before winter gets here. So I’m starting with this girls 24 inch wheeled Murray Eliminator and am going to add top bars and make a boys frame. I’ll need to do a little modification to the rear in order to fit a 26” rim and tire, but I can do it.

Yep, we may be on ratrodbikes but real muscle sported fancy paint and chrome. The best restomod builds reflect this. Looking pretty close to an Apollo frame now. Got a good hotrod color / scheme in mind?

Yep, we may be on ratrodbikes but real muscle sported fancy paint and chrome. The best restomod builds reflect this. Looking pretty close to an Apollo frame now. Got a good hotrod color / scheme in mind?
I’ve got the paint, but not going to say what color just yet. I also have a different seat design that I have to try out first before I reveal it as well

I wanted to use one of the 24 inch rims for the front, but man talk about a pair of rusty, bent, out of round rims!!. And to make it worse half the spokes were rusted solid. Being a true ratter, I was able to salvage enough spokes from both wheels to make one. Then I picked the best rim, which was the rear, took a scotch brute pad to it and cleaned it up some. Then I cleaned the hub and repacked the wheel bearings. Finally I relaced it and stuck it in the stand to try and true it. Not coming out to bad, but like most cheap steel rims the weld where they joined the rim is flat spotted, which would be a problem if it was on my road bike, but I don’t see me ever riding this bike at high speeds, so no worries.
IMG_2808.jpeg

Looks good so far biscuit!, Your workshop is fantastic, how's the mrs?
She’s still going, working through the pain every day. But as much pain as she’s in, she never complains. Love her more every day. Side note, we will celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary this Sept 15th

Last edited:
I wanted to use one of the 24 inch rims for the front, but man talk about a pair of rusty, bent, out of round rims!!. And to make it worse half the spokes were rusted solid. Being a true ratter, I was able to salvage enough spokes from both wheels to make one. Then I picked the best rim, which was the rear, took a scotch brute pad to it and cleaned it up some. Then I cleaned the hub and repacked the wheel bearings. Finally I relaced it and stuck it in the stand to try and true it. Not coming out to bad, but like most cheap steel rims the weld where they joined the rim is flat spotted, which would be a problem if it was on my road bike, but I don’t see me ever riding this bike at high speeds, so no worries.View attachment 247417
Love the truing stand!

Back