TorkerTweaker - New pics added 10/02/11

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored this Torker Bermuda frame several months ago and am finally getting the parts together to 'finish' my first build (the fork will be temporary until I can replace it with an old-school springer). Does anyone have any suggestions or tricks to help bring the color out? Should I use regular car wax or is there something better? Should I clear-coat it afterward?
Every bike I own has gloss or flat black as one of the major colors, so I've decided to make one with no black at all. This means no black in the tires, seat, and pedals, which is somewhat of a challenge. The color scheme will be blue, white and chrome.
I should have it mostly built by the end of the weekend, so I'll post another pic tomorrow.

Torker.jpg

Re: TorkerTweaker

So I've assembled 95% of the parts needed for this build. I'm using a temporary fork that I painted, amateurishly might I add.
I bought an old Huffy woman's bike for parts, and I'm using the steel chrome rims and cranks from that as well as some misc small nuts and bolts. I'm leaving the original paint job and trying to make it look the best I can, then adding rust-free parts that are a combination of old and new.
Nirve Kandy Bar men's Handlebars
Felt creme-colored pedals
Kustom Kruiser white seat with the black logo removed.
Duro white tires
NOS light and grips
new silver chain
pinstriped fenders were bought from local bike enthusiast who found them...somewhere...
neck, kickstand, forks, and seatpost are all used parts whose origins are vague
I'll have it put together in a day or two.

blueparts.jpg

Here I thought I lived in sunny San Diego, but it rained for the last week!
Anyway, here are some pics of the nearly finished build. I just need some headset spacers and eventually an old school springer fork.
I have to admit that it looks pretty good for my first build, but of course, I'm biased.

OlBlue1.jpg

OlBlue2.jpg

Oh yeah! I'm lovin' this!
That is one classy looking cruiser - very nice job, man! 8)

edit: my wife just saw this over my shoulder, and said, "Oooh! I LIKE that!"

Thanks for the positive vibes everyone!!
After taking a few rides it looks like I'm going to put a laid-back seatpost on it.
Otherwise, it rides great!

Beautiful Bike!
The best of all, is it´s simplicity.
Handlebars are so cool.

After only eight months of diligent searching, I finally scored a Roadmaster springer for the best possible price thanks to SoCal Steve!
Here it is before and after. My neighbor has a vice and a blowtorch, so we straightened it as best we could. There is still a slight bend in the steer tube, but it fits and spins properly. This is my first attempt at a 'real' paint job where I completely stripped the paint, sanded, and then used primer, paint and clear coat.
I'll post pics as soon as I replace the forks and add the new headlight.

bentsteerer.jpg

roadmasterspringer.jpg

Re: TorkerTweaker - Roadmaster Springer found!!

Alright, congrats on untweaking it even that much!

Cool bike :shock: I hope I can find a frame like that :|

anything new

foryourride said:
anything new

I installed the forks and they work great!
I'm just waiting for a nice sunny day to take pictures.

Here is the 98% finished bike in all it's glory by the beach in SoCal.
Since the last set of pics, I changed the rear sprocket from black to silver and swapped out the forks for a set of old Roadmaster springer forks. I also had to change the fender braces/stays. In addition, a laid-back seat post was also added. I have a vintage chrome torpedo-style bike light with a white switch, and I just need the right brace to mount it. It wasn't easy, but I was able to eliminate nearly all visible signs of the color black.
This bike rides really smoothly and zips along thanks to the 18-tooth rear sprocket. I get compliments on it wherever I go.

Torker.jpg

Torker1.jpg

Re: TorkerTweaker - New pics added 1/09/11

i really like all the white going on, it really sets it off. my next rebuild is going to have similar tires, you made up my mind haha

Re: TorkerTweaker - New pics added 1/09/11

looks good how did you clean up the frame so good? a white chain might look good or it might be to much nice job on the forks !

Latest posts

Back