Towbike-Towtruck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I spent the other night fixing leaky tires(3) and other minor maintenance items on the fleet. I ride to work every day and today I get a flat on the way to work so I hitch a ride home. It would be nice to ride another bike tommorow and be able to tow the other bike home.

Tonight I tried several methods of attaching a old bike rack skewer to a bike in hopes of creating a tow bike. This would be great for picking up junk bikes on the way home also. Couldnt figure it out, I need to find more supplies.

Has anybody ever tried creating this apparatus? The obvious answer is to just use a trailer, but I wanted something simple.

A trailer might be a good solution. They are easy to make. I made this one and I'm rigging it this summer to carry 3 bikes at a time in the upright position. You can also pile a bunch of junkers as high as you want. Check out the build article here:http://howtofixbikes.blogspot.com/2006/07/big-homebuilt-el-cheapo-bicycle-cargo.html. On the pic, you see my son hauling the tandem frame. The trailer ended up costing less than $30 to make.

TrailerTandem.jpg

Back