Tractorliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the basic shape of the frame done. Next will be the drops, I think, so I have a roller.
IMG_2323_zps8d6ffc21.jpg

IMG_2324_zps4c2af89d.jpg

mLH0Nxfn8C2aXkAr7s30Nug.jpg

I had one of these somewhere... around 6" wide. A row of them were on my Grampa's plow in the 60's, polished to chrome from cutting thru southern Illinois clay... It would look awesome behind the front tire on the bash guard...

Carl.

In my first post of my build off thread I referenced the creativity of this group. This DEFINES what I meant. It is a treat to watch this competition. Well done on your creativity and skills.

Nice! Are those forks connected up yet? They seem to sit the tire very close if not touching the downtube...

Luke.

It's where it's going to be, mostly. It's about a half inch away from the frame in reality, but when I sit on it, it moves further away. I'm even worried that I may be too heavy for that fork at that angle, but I've got a backup plan if it's too weak.

In my first post of my build off thread I referenced the creativity of this group. This DEFINES what I meant. It is a treat to watch this competition. Well done on your creativity and skills.

Thanks, Kevin.

this is truly adventurous and great. I think the seat will look good once the tractor bodywork is in place. That fork will probably pogo quite a bit; could be annoying.

I love that tractor pan on there. I am sure it will feel just right esthetically once the pedal car tractor engine is on there.

Just keep in mind, you get judged on the bike, not the theme. ;)

I've seen a few great bikes get made less great by an out-of-control "theme".

edit: Wait a minute, disregard the above, I forgot what is going on around here!

JK! good luck, Rg

The seat does have a BIG look to it right now. With the sheet metal in place and the right bars on it I think it might even the looks out a bit. I'm just here to watch though, still loving this whole thing :cool:

I welded on the seat bracket for the tractor seat. It's so big on the bike, I'm not sold on it yet, but I'm going forward with it, hoping that it looks good on the final bike.
IMG_2331_zps2bef8bbe.jpg

IMG_2332_zpsea01fe2b.jpg
@deven_science I found out the seats you and I have are not really a tractor seat. They are from those 1950's exerciser bikes that had an electric motor on them to move the seat and handlebars back n forth. They are still cool no mater what.

Your bike will be fine once more of the other things get installed on it.

Quit thinking of a "theme", this is NOT O.C.C. or P.J.D. It's Rat Rod Bikes! Just build a cool bike and don't worry about a "theme"

@deven_science I found out the seats you and I have are not really a tractor seat. They are from those 1950's exerciser bikes that had an electric motor on them to move the seat and handlebars back n forth. They are still cool no mater what.

Your bike will be fine once more of the other things get installed on it.

Yeah, I think I've mentioned that earlier about the seat pan's origins. 1930s, actually. I have two seats, and two sets of bars from them. The stems are quite beautiful in their deco lines, and I have a plan to adapt them for bike use in the future.

Quit thinking of a "theme", this is NOT O.C.C. or P.J.D. It's Rat Rod Bikes! Just build a cool bike and don't worry about a "theme"

Bingo. The name was almost purely because of the pedal car piece as a tank. The theme, if it had one, was to put all vintage parts on a new frame. All this came from just wanting something that stands out in that frame. Maybe I shouldn't have used the seat, either. Maybe that is tricking people into thinking there's more to it than that.

Back