Tractorliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the name and the idea of the tractor tank is brilliant! Just try not to over-do it. Personally I think it'd look great with just a good wide brooks seat on it. Or even an old hairpin saddle.

Put some pedals on and try the seat. See if it's comfortable when you pedal. I think the look fits the bike perfectly.

Well Devon, if YOU think it looks too wide ...
Maybe you could section it. Three small pie sections removed might be just the ticket. Couldn't hurt to try it with a paper pattern...

Carl.

Well Devon, if YOU think it looks too wide ...
Maybe you could section it. Three small pie sections removed might be just the ticket. Couldn't hurt to try it with a paper pattern...

Carl.

Carl, I have considered trimming it down, also. I'm thinking that I'll go ahead with the seat as is, but when the tank and bars are in place, if it still looks too big, I might just cut off some of the excess metal around the pan, and see if that does it.

Tomorrow the wife and I leave for a vacation to NYC and Toronto, so I thought I'd post up the couple of photos I've got that would catch you all up.

The springer fork I had didn't have a bracket on the top, so I fabricated one.
IMG_2333_zps5ab69e13.jpg

Then I mocked it up with the tank, just to get a look at it.
IMG_2334_zps8f197a2c.jpg

Think you need to a steering wheel in lieu of bars. Looking good.

This is definitely one of my favorite builds of BONINE.
Have fun with Mrs Science on vacation!

That tank is Aaaarrgghhh!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it's too late too pack one or your bikes to leave in Toronto?
I could have refilled the box with a nice souvenir for the return trip.:39:

You live in the Toronto area? We could still get together for lunch, or something.

This is such a cool bike. The tank really balances out the seat, IMO. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Looks grat, have yourselves a nice vacation n can't wait see the progress you make when you come back all refreshed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm back from my vacation, and so I wanted to post up a small update to show that I'm back in the game! I made a gusset plate for the seat post, as it seemed a little weak as it was. Should pretty much all be hidden under the seat.
IMG_2335_zps5f3b3ab6.jpg

Back