Triple Threat Trifecta

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattiThundrrr

Rattus All Terrainus
Reaction score
So I haven't counted, but I'm sure there are at least a few builders who are competing in all three categories.
That's a pretty impressive feat, definitely worth a highlight or recognition. It's worth discussing:should we come up with some award category for the superbuilders who can finish one in all three categories?

You're going to force me to add a 4th entry with skinny tires, aren't you. Ugh
Force? Not me... I'm just a simple politician
DPaL4skX4AAs4VP.jpg

am I the only one having trouble keeping up with the builds? holy smokes there's a lot going on here.

What about the other way of doing a Triple Threat Trifecta: a single bike that satisfies the rules of all three classes? It seems absurd and not something I'm going to try, but is totally possible.

Edit: Personally I'd go for an offroad hybrid/gravel build. 700cx40mm rear, 650b x 38mm front. Short suspension fork. Either a polo seat or some weird bars. The concept would be "Gravel downhill F1"

I'm sitting the MBBO out until Kaiju is 99% but my old Apollo frame has been in the boneyard for a couple years in brown primer. The dip paint job (Cyclodelic) is long gone. But Kamacuras is waiting to be reborn.
IMG_20221103_155330.jpg

Just pulled it into the "other" garage where I have a lot of bikes stored.

Last edited:
I didn’t even see this thread before entering 3 bikes . I’m about 75 percent finished on all three . I wanted to avoid doing the heavy cleaning on all three in case winter hit early in the North East . Funny thing is I entered the off road last . And my skinny tire I almost pulled out of the build off glad I didn’t now.
E48487FF-42AA-496A-9025-C0B6BF0ECDB3.jpeg
156E63A5-0571-413D-9BC7-C7000F9F6B73.jpeg
28F4989D-7126-431E-8118-C958780E5409.jpeg

Ok brother, @Wildcat got me thinking. I have a big o' Schwinn skiptooth sprocket and a skippy conversion cog so I can make a modern single speed coaster into a skiptooth. Now I'm thinking of building a one off diamond bike as a skiptooth bomber... Might as well go all the way and make it fit all 3 categories. Tire staggered gravel bike with 700 x less than a inch and a half wide wheels, straight bars and... How's about a springer polo seat cut down in length to lose the sissy bar. Would that count as a banana seat? Or I could use the tandem seatpost and hang my apes out back and use a normal saddle...

Anything can be done, at first. I've never once had an idea for a bike actually come to fruition. Close sometimes, but never the original plan.
I remember having a skip tooth cog welded into a newer hub driver. I don't remember what it was on or where I got it, but it fit right into the KT hub on a 57mm copper wheel set I got from 3G. It went on my build back then, Coppertooth.

coppertooth 001 - Copy.JPG

72073_15f13dca8ac71c5c7f6ad9a49195b97d.jpg

Latest posts

Back