Tucker's Spaceliner Done , Done?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build "KRUZ3R MOB" , in the house

Great build so far! I too am working on a spaceliner. I've been looking for a set of pedals like yours forever! Where did you find them? Looking good! 8)

Great build!I'm a sucker for bikes with twin top tubes and the Spaceliner seems to elude my grasp.I'm dying to add one to my collection :mrgreen: :mrgreen: The Monark double springers are also the stuff dreams are made from.My vote,fender wise,would be for peaked chrome with sparkle red striping,or peaked sparkle red with white stripes to match the rack.I.M.H.O.Keep those great ideas coming!

Circa Cycles said:
Great build!I'm a sucker for bikes with twin top tubes and the Spaceliner seems to elude my grasp.I'm dying to add one to my collection :mrgreen: :mrgreen: The Monark double springers are also the stuff dreams are made from.My vote,fender wise,would be for peaked chrome with sparkle red striping,or peaked sparkle red with white stripes to match the rack.I.M.H.O.Keep those great ideas coming!

I didn't think bout striping chrome, I like it. The rims are going to be sparkle red and I think with red fenders it would be much. I have this little chrome and gold flask I , want to incorperate with the bike and do a wire flask holder / crash rail off the seat , I am still leaning toward the gold

Here is how you know this is a rider. The shimano nexus 7 speed rear hub
1307210391.jpg

Rims are spoked and trued, got some random wire thingy , to make a flaskholder/ crash rail off the seat

1307210425.jpg

1307212019.jpg

1307212118.jpg

1307212130.jpg

Can you imagine the gold fenders now , I see them in my head,

socratesjpt said:
Circa Cycles said:

I didn't think bout striping chrome, I like it. The rims are going to be sparkle red and I think with red fenders it would be much. I have this little chrome and gold flask I , want to incorperate with the bike and do a wire flask holder / crash rail off the seat , I am still leaning toward the gold

Yeah,I didn't know you were painting the rims.Chrome would definitely be the way to go.Cool flask.I am impressed with the Dupli-color paint.I painted the fork on my polished aluminum road bike with their metal flake and am very pleased with their product.I will be trying their sparkle color in the future.Possibly on my current build.Now,if there was a gold paint to stripe some chrome fenders to highlight your sweet flask..............Just saying :wink:

Circa Cycles said:
socratesjpt said:
Circa Cycles said:

Yeah,I didn't know you were painting the rims.Chrome would definitely be the way to go.Cool flask.I am impressed with the Dupli-color paint.I painted the fork on my polished aluminum road bike with their metal flake and am very pleased with their product.I will be trying their sparkle color in the future.Possibly on my current build.Now,if there was a gold paint to stripe some chrome fenders to highlight your sweet flask..............Just saying :wink:
Thanks for the suggestion , I may do this I have some gold leaf paint
1307258421.jpg

I did some late night painting only got one rim done
I love this metal speck paint , I shoot it , then clear coat it 15 minutes later, and everything turns out fantastic !!!
1307258062.jpg

1307253616.jpg

1307255181.jpg

dig these bikes big time. look up devil wing on here for a bike that might inspire you.

Spaceliner sweetness!Keep up the good work!

Wow , the finished bike forum is already up, I could probably slap the rims and tires on this and post it sunday, but more time means I can do more cool things to it, or f@#k up the paint some more and hone my sansblasting skills .

Lessons learned on this build
# if you are going to spoke rims for the first time don't do the final paint Ooo

got some updates , one rim painted, on preped and ready to go low on paint, so I think I'll get another can don't wanna run out. got my valve caps , and licence plate to day. I wanna spray the other rim tomorrow.

Things to do
* tires
* learn to fiberglass stuff , for rocket saddle bag sound system
* cut rear tube down so it dosen't block the lines of the frame
* chainguard
* tail lights
* headlight

Here are some updateded pic's
P6060541.jpg

Don't know if I like this gold
P6060543.jpg

P6060545.jpg

Thanks for all of the positive feedback , I thought I would just get ripped on here , I love this forum really cool bunch of people here.

Latest posts

Back