Tyranny & Mutation / '36 Silver King

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the rear fender on
760cada22c20c6bb3a25e1e6484fdb05.jpg

and my light
1119cdb66c48e90534ea328fabf9f355.jpg

Carl.

I'm done for now...
I'm always adjusting this and changing that on all my bikes. If I can score a better shifter I will but it's a functioning shifter and first and second feel good rolling. There's nothing iffy on it, which is unusual for me. I'm in love with the stretched bars, it's a comfy cruiser for my size. Remember this is originally a 24" frame, and at 6 foot, most 24" frames are ridiculous for me to even sit on let alone ride. So a tall laid back seatpost puts me far enough back to pedal easily and the bars reach back for the cruise to be comfortable. The coaster makes it stop easy with no issues while 3 speed gets me rolling with a stout third gear. Tyranny because it's a Silver King and Mutation because I ratted it my style. Shown here in second gear...
47c218cd1e1f744a036911e80cf10d3d.jpg
b305e548ab66197bb11d54b29cca6de7.jpg
605c04d952b98efce8db50c2e44b94ed.jpg

Carl.

Great job man, it's been a fun build to follow too.

This bike FRAME will be going up for sale soon.
I hate a couple things about it even though it's a very fine example of a '36 Silver King. It's really a 24" frame and it's just too small for me to ride comfortably even though 26" wheels fit in it. The extended seatpost isn't working for me and will be scrapped. The bars did turn out and will be reused along with the stem, forks are cool and the seat is going back on my Harlequin. Which leaves me with the FRAME which I purchased for a certain small amount and I will pass the savings on.

Carl.

Has it found a new home?

Jason
Not yet. I've only put a couple posts out there, but it's not in any sale threads yet...
I'm a little sad because I love they way these bikes look. But I ride my bikes and if it ain't comfy I can't justify hanging on to an 82 year old frame that is in restorable shape.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back