SWB0 U-Haul State Core-Line

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know taking the saddle into consideration I would probably lean toward the brown tape or tan grips. I hadn't considered the saddle when I went with the green.

Last edited:
I agree with Kevin and Matti. That being said, were this my bike it would be this, hands down.
1708105345106.png

I'm weird though.

You know taking the saddle into consideration I would probably lean toward the brown tape or tan grips. I hadn't considered the saddle when I went with the green.
Yep
The brown wrap looks classiest to me. That's my choice
Yep
I agree with Kevin and Matti. That being said, were this my bike it would be this, hands down.
View attachment 258971
I'm weird though.
Yep I’m a bit weird myself. I also like the multicolor wrap but probably in agreement with the small consensus.

IMG_5593.jpeg
IMG_5592.jpeg

And then there’s this…been collecting dust for years.

IMG_5573.jpeg

Last edited:
How do you like the tektro r559s? I installed a pair on a similar style bike and thought they were the best performing brakes I have ever used.

I like the multi color wrap. The brown grips look good too.

How do you like the tektro r559s? I installed a pair on a similar style bike and thought they were the best performing brakes I have ever used.

I like the multi color wrap. The brown grips look good too.
They might be a little more refined than the stock calipers that came on the bike. The State caliper didn’t have enough adjustment for the pads to work when I added the larger Kenda tires and lengthened the chain. The Tektro brake pads are better than the stock ones. Initial test ride seemed to work fine.
I’m in agreement with the wrap and grip comment.
(4K views)

I know I am a mere amateur in the weirdness dept. around here :), but I kinda like the brown wrap, and then I would consider short sections of the multi colored grip tape between the straps of the leather bag and frame (top tube seat tube) , where the headlite bolts to the bars, and (even though not necessary) as a chain stay protector. This would add a hint of xtra colors to the greens and browns. Unfortunately, it would use up a good portion of the grip tape!
Regardless, its a good looking bike whichever direction you choose.......

I know I am a mere amateur in the weirdness dept. around here :), but I kinda like the brown wrap, and then I would consider short sections of the multi colored grip tape between the straps of the leather bag and frame (top tube seat tube) , where the headlite bolts to the bars, and (even though not necessary) as a chain stay protector. This would add a hint of xtra colors to the greens and browns. Unfortunately, it would use up a good portion of the grip tape!
Regardless, its a good looking bike whichever direction you choose.......

Thanks, “weird” or “creative” is easy. Just think outside the box or color outside the lines. I’d thought about putting something between the frame bag straps and the frame previously. Thus I cut some of the brown wrap for mockups laid loose at this point, sorta per you suggestion.
I also put the rear beam rack on for a test fit, need to find a reflector or blinky light for it.

IMG_5598.jpeg
IMG_5599.jpeg

IMG_5600.jpeg

Thinking I ought to freshen up the front light. It either stands out or could blend in. So either “In Rust We Trust” or fresh paint…

IMG_5601.jpeg

Last edited:
Took the plunge…I removed the light stripped off the old chipped paint and recoated it.
IMG_5601.jpeg
IMG_5604.jpeg
IMG_5605.jpeg

IMG_5606.jpeg

Last edited:
Paint had a couple days to dry. Put the lamp assembly back on with two new bolts, the threads on the originals were shot and wouldn’t tighten up. So from rat to shiny. Maybe 100 year old light on 3 year old bike. Need to add silicone drops again to eliminate lens rattle. An hour or two here and there since January 1 and this is close to fruition.
IMG_5626.jpeg
IMG_5628.jpeg
IMG_5627.jpeg
IMG_5629.jpeg

IMG_5632.jpeg
IMG_5636.jpeg

Late to the opinions, but I like the brown grips tying in the other leather points. And freshening up the light was a good call with everything else so new & clean. Overall looking great! 😎

Buttoned up some loose ends on the light and conductor wire.
IMG_5682.jpeg
IMG_5680.jpeg

IMG_5679.jpeg

Think I’m about ready for some final photos.
Also ready to focus on spring garden, landscape, succulent and bonsai projects.
IMG_5675.jpeg

Last edited:
Ed, just got caught up on your thread. Bar extenders, brown accents, saddle, all look good. That frame bag is the frosting on tbe cake!

Great work on the light too! Something old, something new; something green, something blue. Okay, enough Dr Seuss! 🤣

I'm not real keen on the rear rack as it sits. Maybe a coating of black? Everything else works so well together.

Looks like Spring has sprung in Kansas. Any shot for March Madness for your Shockers this year?

Ed, just got caught up on your thread. Bar extenders, brown accents, saddle, all look good. That frame bag is the frosting on tbe cake!

Great work on the light too! Something old, something new; something green, something blue. Okay, enough Dr Seuss! 🤣

I'm not real keen on the rear rack as it sits. Maybe a coating of black? Everything else works so well together.

Looks like Spring has sprung in Kansas. Any shot for March Madness for your Shockers this year?
Thanks, I have to laugh at your Inquiry about the Shockers. They are 5-12 in conference play and 13-17 overall, so no MM for them. Showing great improvement but can’t close out games, they are on a two game win streak with one to go at Tulane.

Yes the rack is sorta an after thought. I had it so I used it. Don’t want to paint it and it doesn’t quite fit in. It’s easy to remove at some point.

Last edited:
I had a simple Linus Rack on another bike that’s been collecting dust. So I decided to borrow it for a test fit. It’s not quite as over powering as the Topeak beam rack. I’m thinking I like the understated look of the Linus rack better.
IMG_5720.jpeg
IMG_5721.jpeg
IMG_5732.jpeg
IMG_5727.jpeg
IMG_5726.jpeg

IMG_5724.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back