Ubernaturlich ( Check the Completed )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ubernaturlich (High Pressure Water)

It kinda reminds me of an Everlasting Gobstopper, only cooler!!!!

Everlasting-Gobstopper.jpg

Re: Ubernaturlich (Started Playin' Around)

I really like it that way. Love those rims and they don't clash with the patina at all.
Looks like it's gonna be a predecessor to a Krate!!!

Sorry 'bout the bad pics, but all I had was my phone.

Fenders all painted up.

BOFenders.jpg

To distress or to not distress? My wife says "maybe". I simply can't decide. May hafta wait til the bike is a little more assemble to make the decision.

BORearFender.jpg

Re: Ubernaturlich (Front Fender Progress)

That is a good looking fender job. And you right it is a shame to patina it, but I am sure it will look great.

Re: Ubernaturlich (Front Fender Patina's COMPLETE)

A re-cap. Here is the front fender after I completed "restoring" it.
FrontFenderTop.jpg

FrontFenderSide.jpg

Here is the front fender after it has been patina'd and rusted.
BOFrontFenderTopUsed.jpg

BOFrontFenderSide2Used.jpg

BOFrontFenderSide1Used.jpg

I think it matches the frame's colors and patina pretty good. Any opinions out there appreciated.

ChrisMac said:
Started polishing up the "paint" to see how that would look. Trying out a couple fenders. And seeing what the wheels looked like next to the patina.

BOMock.jpg

Looks like a great match to me!!!
Looks like natural wear and aging too.
Great job.

Thanks for the compliments. First step after the "restore" was to randomly mask off some areas for the orange re-paint. I made sure to make the edges of the masking tape rough and ragged to give that peeling look. Then after that was nice and dry, I masked the same way for the "rust". I used Rustolium American Accents kit from the ol' Home Depot. It's a two to three stage kit. Worked pretty good. I then did some light sanding to the edges to soften up the transition from orange to green to rust. Took some polishing compound to the green and orange and viola!

Really like the bike you're using. Funny how alot of older bikes I have found are painted red or orange, right over the original paint.

Thats crazy! Nice "faux" finish! Could've fooled me if you hadn't posted the process.

That's one bad MAUX FAUX, oh wait that name is already used.

Don't see prewar 20's that often, going to be trick build. The orange paint reminds me of an old Allis Chalmer tractor.

bike2112 said:
What kind of fork is that, I love it and works awesome with the 20"

Not sure. Picked it up from a member on here. Loved it as soon as it came in the mail. Not sure if I'm gonna leave it as is or do something with it as well.

Working on the aging of the headlamp I think I'm gonna use.

Nice job on the fender! :D

Back