UK newbie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
hello to one and all, I'm 57 years old and in my adult childhood, and live in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, East Anglia, UK
Really getting into the groove of the "Lowrider" scene and have just started my first project, brought a "Bratz" cheap from ebay to start
Here are the pics as brought, now stripped ready for a respray will keep you all posted
o8pn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
o8pn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh that's cool man I didn't think of that I was looking on ebay for a lowrider bike I didn't think they was the same size I thought they was smaller. What's it like wen you sit on it is it ok ? I might have to get one of them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh that's cool man I didn't think of that I was looking on ebay for a lowrider bike I didn't think they was the same size I thought they was smaller. What's it like wen you sit on it is it ok ? I might have to get one of them :)

They are a great starting point for a lowrider, 20 inch wheels, I'am about 5'6" ish and its really comfortable to ride no problem. Go for one

Mine is now stripped ready for a respray, want to get some new 144 spoke wheels as the ones on the bike are quite rusty

Oh sweet if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for yours I've seen one on gumtree for 70. I really want one now lol

I can't wait to see how it looks wen it's done !

Welcome to the forum, good to see another UK member. My mother in law had one of these for her foster kid and it ended up being thrown out for scrap a year or two back without me knowing. :(

Oh sweet if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for yours I've seen one on gumtree for 70. I really want one now lol

I paid £58.00 and it was a local pick up, these bikes are made in the Phillapine's and the Chrome work doe's not last or hold up as well as the old British "Raleigh" bikes
Most of the Chrome work on this one is not to bad and will polish up but the wheels and fenders are the worst bit, hoping to get these replaced anyway
I don't think £70 is over the top, if its in good condition then a good polish respray will sort it

Welcome to the forum, good to see another UK member. My mother in law had one of these for her foster kid and it ended up being thrown out for scrap a year or two back without me knowing. :(

:( sacralige what a waste:20:, it's like throwing good money away

Mine is now stripped ready for a respray, want to get some new 144 spoke wheels as the ones on the bike are quite rusty
First of all, welcome!

What color are you thinking of using?

Those Bratz bikes have lots of potential for creative customization - good luck with it and keep us posted!

welcome to RRB this forum will blow your mind on awesomeness and creativity used by its members,how is norfolk doing these days,I grew up as a toddler/youngin around wisbech/kings lynn/tilney all saints and then on to norwich as a youngster/teen,and now in NZ,bratz is always a cheap good start for a build,even here in NZ you can get a bratz for $20-$50 but poor quality means a sand and paint allround

welcome to RRB this forum will blow your mind on awesomeness and creativity used by its members,how is norfolk doing these days,I grew up as a toddler/youngin around wisbech/kings lynn/tilney all saints and then on to norwich as a youngster/teen,and now in NZ,bratz is always a cheap good start for a build,even here in NZ you can get a bratz for $20-$50 but poor quality means a sand and paint allround

Yea East Anglia (The Fens) still as flat as ever but has proberly changed a lot since you were here as a toddler, I run a sign business and am a signwriter by trade and rent a old farm building from a farmer at Guyhirn, do quite a lot of work in Wisbech,
I moved up from the other side of London (Surrey) in 1979 when me and the wife got married as housed were a lot cheaper.
All the best to you in NZ

First of all, welcome!

What color are you thinking of using?

Those Bratz bikes have lots of potential for creative customization - good luck with it and keep us posted!

Hopefully will post pictures in the next few days of the new frame colour, its a Metallic Peacock/Kingfisher Blue, looks better than the Purple anyway
Pictures to follow shortly...
Also where's the best place in the UK for Lowrider parts and accessories?....also if buying from overseas what company's are good to buy from?

Hopefully will post pictures in the next few days of the new frame colour, its a Metallic Peacock/Kingfisher Blue, looks better than the Purple anyway
Pictures to follow shortly...
Also where's the best place in the UK for Lowrider parts and accessories?....also if buying from overseas what company's are good to buy from?
Here in the “Colonies” Aztlan Bicycles has an excellent selection of Lowrider parts; they’re homed in California. I’ve ordered parts from them in the past and have been satisfied with their service and prices.

Good luck with your project – can‘t wait to see the pics!

Latest posts

Back