Uncle Touchy's Back Roads Bomber (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Uncle Touchy's Back Roads Bomber

pick said:
Lookin good Randy! I better get busy, time is running out!!!!
Thanks Pick.

My headlight. It was painted over chrome. I removed the paint and some chrome from only the bezel.

rrbbo7-headlight.JPG

The front end.
rrbbo7-headlight2.JPG

What???? No Coffee cans??? :D

bike2112 said:
Dude, that truck is awesome and I can totally see a lot of that truck in your build. Great eye my man.

Thanks.

I initially painted the chainguard all black to mimic the running boards of the truck but it was just too much black and took away from the green. I ended up with this...
rrbbo7-chainguard4.JPG

Patina'd the chrome kickstand. If I was thinking I should have filled in the "made in China" stamp.
rrbbo7-kickstand.jpg

Added a speedo. Painted the edge of the clear cap silver and distressed it a little.
rrbbo7-speedo.jpg

Just can't find a place I like for the Prince Albert can. So far now it's stashed under the seat.
rrbbo7-prince_albert_tin2.jpg

Unless I come up with something better before the deadline this is my tail light. It's a new little blinky light hidden up under the rack.
rrbbo7-rearlight.JPG

How about keeping some photos of the truck in the PA can? Looks like you Are capturing the look of the truck in the bike, nice.

I like how you build an inspiration are so simalar the rack color the whole 9 yards great job

I really like this build!!!
Keep it up!!

ndaway said:
I have somehow missed this thread till today...This bike is a work of art looking great 8) I am totally in last place of the local build off bikes there is so much local talent I am amazed :shock:

ndaway : You're not trying to steal last place from me are ya??? :lol: :mrgreen: I think your build is awesome!

Randy: Bike is lookin really sweet/cool/awesome! 8) It's going to be a REAL nice rider! Can't wait to see the finished procuct.

Don't worry about the bunnies.
They were reserved mostly for slackers and some of us clowns.
Your build started to late to give you any slacker time, but if you show that you are having FUN with your build, you might get some bunnies.

Diggin' your build!!

Thanks everyone.

Took it for a test ride tonight. Despite what the speedo says I was moving. I need to work out some issues with the speedo.

The SA "Kick Shift" hub worked fine. Makes the clicking sound like the 3 speeds. A lot less back pedal to get it to shift compared to a Bendix Automatic. The hub was black yet the dust cover, sprocket and nuts were chrome so I painted those black.

P1010879.JPG

I'll make it a 2 bunny build. Here's evil eye bunny in our yard earlier this year.
P1000208.jpg

Other old trucks I spotted around here.

P1010446.jpg

P1010447.jpg

P1010457.jpg

P1010851.jpg

Peatbog said:
aka_locojoe said:
Makes the clicking sound like the 3 speeds.

If yours is like mine, the hub makes a lot of clicking in one speed, but not the other, so you can tell what gear you're in by the noise.
Yes it does.

450redrider said:
Looks great, I've been thinking about getting one of those hubs!
Thanks. If you come out on the 5th you can try it out.

Nice work Randy, really like that rustic look! 8)

Back