unknown muscle bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Very cool bike,Has a MTD head badge.I have not had any luck finding information.
If you have any info please let me know.
Wheels are not correct but it does look like it was a 3 or 5 speed at one time.Looks like it did have a shifter on the top bar.Seat is very nice still soft with no rips.
131_0053.jpg

131_0055.jpg

131_0054.jpg

Pretty sure its a Murray,looks like their "Spaceliner" series frame in a 20" format.Seat & sissy bar look correct as well.The forks and their cap appear to be Murray...early to mid '70's I'd guess...Kool though...P 8)

I found an old ad it is an MTD wheel king.Looks like I need to find a 3 speed shifter and a set of fenders.
Will make a nice winter project.The head tube sticker is very off center.The other stickers are a little off also.

Hello Jaxon,
Not sure about the shifter.The one in the picture looks like a metal housing with a short stick and a round black shifter knob.
Thanks

good score! that's a rare bike! i have a girls bike
wheelkingbikes.jpg
i got from jaxon that's called the duchess! you have a duke or a king i'll show the ad!

Awesome find.

can't help with ID, but the guard looks like my Sears badged 5 speed I found this summer. been wondering who made it - still not certain the guard is original, so maybe someone changed it out.

any info on this one would be awesome, too...

turino.jpg

CRASH said:
Green Dragon said:
any info on this one would be awesome, too...

turino.jpg

Your chain guard is a little different, and you don't have the stick shifter, but it looks like a '72-ish Sear Spyder 5.

J26.GIF

Does look like the guard is slightly different than the MTD, bummer. thought I was making progress.

The Spyder 5 in the ad definately looks Huffy built.

Mine I'm thinking more and more was Columbia built, looks like a Columbia chainring, and it has the 24 hole rims ( oddly enough the rear hub is a 48 hole laced every other hole, just wierd ) . Being a stem shifter, I figured it was like 74-75 but did not find any serial #s, might be filled in with paint, I have it partially torn down for clean now, will have to check closer.
Going to build as a survivor,no touch ups,etc 0 maybe convert to a stick shift though .

sorry for the hijack, lol.... back to the MTD pics :)

snarehead123 said:
your's is an mtd for sure! here's the picture of the bike jaxon gave me!
mtddutchess.jpg

I remember when he posted all those girlie bike freebies in the pay it forward, was sad I missed those .. nice custom / parts fodder :)

( I'll come up for the next pile, lol )

Bike is up for sale if anyone is interested.$100.00 plus shipping as pictured.$75.00 plus shipping without wheels.
Located in Enon Ohio 45323
Thanks

Latest posts

Back