Unofficial March Shootout 4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20220319_092943182.jpg

Got tired of waiting for spokes so dug out old vintage ccm 28 inch rims and my Sachs duomatic hub 2 speed and spokes I already had (vintage ccm bikes use 28 inch tires with Canadian diameter of 622) so used what I had they fit really good in the black springer
IMG_20220319_091754_01.jpg

View attachment 188808
Really nice day our 15 mins of spring was finally able to take it out for a ride. Goes really smooth would love to have the 3 speed. But nice anyone know how to stop a springer from squeaking? Sanded down fenders today to going to polish the bare metal and maybe add black racing stripes.
It is new but upgrade and clean looking vintage style- - internal geared rear hub? Too new, I get it, but that old and new Retro-mod gives best of both worlds maybe.

View attachment 188836
Got tired of waiting for spokes so dug out old vintage ccm 28 inch rims and my Sachs duomatic hub 2 speed and spokes I already had (vintage ccm bikes use 28 inch tires with Canadian diameter of 622) so used what I had they fit really good in the black springerView attachment 188837
Sometimes it's amazing how well oversized wheels fit things. I've been sticking 700's on 26" balloon tire frames forever, and often 700 wheels will trade back and forth on 27 1/4" frames with just a brake pad realignment. Hmm... I haven't built a skinny tire racer for quite some time. Maybe that's what my Spaceliner needs to be for the next big buildoff in May.

Carl.

Sometimes it's amazing how well oversized wheels fit things. I've been sticking 700's on 26" balloon tire frames forever, and often 700 wheels will trade back and forth on 27 1/4" frames with just a brake pad realignment. Hmm... I haven't built a skinny tire racer for quite some time. Maybe that's what my Spaceliner needs to be for the next big buildoff in May.

Carl.
Skinny tire build on a spaceliner crazy it would be awesome

I haven't built a skinny tire racer for quite some time. Maybe that's what my Spaceliner needs to be for the next big buildoff in May
I've wanted to see a Space Racer for a long time. Greaseslapper Gertie looking for adventures in the final frontier?
Anyhow, back to lowly fishies...
IMG_20220319_155359570.jpg
IMG_20220319_155432617.jpg
I HAVE A FULLY FUNCTIONAL BICYCLE!! It is official: Matti will cross the Finish Line

Back