Unoriginal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is subject to use that one frame swap rule but currently think this weekends purchase
IMG_1129.jpeg

Is what I want to build. 24 inch tornado, that I like the looks of I just need to see if the size will work.
IMG_1133.jpeg
This is it currently because I hate Schwinn wheels and wanted to see if the fork was bent

It needs some sharks with laser beams, then it could be a Sharknado. :D

Great looking og paint and bike score.

Glad you are keeping it with the original patina... There is a lot you can do with that.

IMG_1163.jpeg
Started with trying on some 26 inch wheels
IMG_1162.jpeg
wheel pile is a bit of a mess. Might need to organize
IMG_1166.jpeg
the reason for the name, banana seat and apes yet again! 26s look alright but I don’t think a 2.125 will fit in the back
IMG_1169.jpeg
this is a 26x1.75 rear and a 26x1 3/8 front.
IMG_1168.jpeg
The original 24s are a hard no. Good old Schwinn and the weird tire sizes.
IMG_1164.jpeg
IMG_1165.jpeg
IMG_1167.jpeg
IMG_1171.jpeg
some random let’s shots, pretty cool the tire even said tornado on it!
IMG_1170.jpeg
My sons pre war Schwinn looks really similar to this tornado 😂 not sure I figured anything out tonight other then I don’t have a single speed 24 inch wheel and no other forks that fit this frame. Time to think

IMG_1212.jpeg
Got sidetracked by the class 2 and forgot about this. Had to hand file but it now clears a modern 10mm axle in the fork and a 2.125 clears, barely
IMG_1213.jpeg
wont Be using my quick release wheelset but it had an inflated 2.125 on it and I was curious

58 Tornado? Maybe a 1.75 would work on the front. The Schwinn paint from back then is the best, I've shined them up using regular car paste wax (a few coats) and they look like new.

I noticed your son's Schwinn had forward facing dropouts, that would be a 1946 and later bike. If you know the serial number I can find exactly what year.

Latest posts

Back