Unoriginal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was clean and refresh day for wheels
IMG_1253.jpeg
these aluminum 26x1.50s are my current favorites for this build.
IMG_1252.jpeg
My least favorite style of bearings!
IMG_1258.jpeg

Not sure what I pulled these wheels off but the rear bearings were dry and rusty. In worse shape then 80s huffy wheels
IMG_1260.jpeg
took a little extra time compared to my class two build wheels.
IMG_1259.jpeg

This paints too solid to mess with really so put the fork on and dug out a wald stem. The bmx stem didn’t really fit.
IMG_1251.jpeg
Sometimes saving everything from parting Out bikes is handy. This is the dirty tub while I keep cleaned bearings and hardware in a toolbox drawer.

IMG_1324.jpeg
This is a 26x2 and seems to clear ok, not as cool as the 26x2.125.
IMG_1329.jpeg
multi speed? The only 24 inch wheelset I have handy. This bike really hasn’t spoke to me 😂
IMG_1333.jpeg
I feel like I’ve done this style brake before.
IMG_1335.jpeg
The scrap pile doesn’t have a long enough cable though.
IMG_1328.jpeg
Some of that fresh grade 8 hardware because I don’t trust those old seat bolts.
IMG_1336.jpeg
How I ended today. Might get a test ride this weekend and see how I feel about his style.

View attachment 232739This is a 26x2 and seems to clear ok, not as cool as the 26x2.125.View attachment 232741multi speed? The only 24 inch wheelset I have handy. This bike really hasn’t spoke to me 😂View attachment 232743I feel like I’ve done this style brake before. View attachment 232742The scrap pile doesn’t have a long enough cable though. View attachment 232740Some of that fresh grade 8 hardware because I don’t trust those old seat bolts. View attachment 232744How I ended today. Might get a test ride this weekend and see how I feel about his style.
Have any smaller back sprockets?
I usually try to go as small as possible on the back when changing gearing and then calculate the front to fit.

Have any smaller back sprockets?
I usually try to go as small as possible on the back when changing gearing and then calculate the front to fit.
This 18 is the smallest I have, may try moving up to a 20 though. I usually juggle fronts but currently don’t seem to have anything 36-39t. Haven’t been buying bikes to part out like I used to

IMG_1348.jpeg
Took it for a ride today, it rides fine but the 26x2 front and rear isn’t doing it for me. My Columbia build off bike I regret selling was 26x2.125 front and rear but the seat was slammed and it looked less muscle bike like.
IMG_1349.jpeg
these bars are really wide, kind of neat. The seat came off a huffy rail because of the ghetto repair but not sure what the bars are off of.
IMG_1350.jpeg
tossed a 26x 1 3/8 on it, gotta take it outside again. Losing the matching wheels because of iso but the tire difference may help me like the bike.

IMG_1371.jpeg
Plenty of space for this, although taking this picture showed me it was crooked so I had to fix that.
IMG_1372.jpeg
Grips match the seat! Not sure what the bars are off of but I love how wide they are.
IMG_1375.jpeg
put about 3 miles on it for a shakedown. The sissy bar either needs swapped, padded or bent. Unsure of what I want to do.
IMG_1376.jpeg
Rides well, closer to the look I like but not 100% sold on it yet .

Never fell in love with this so saved the parts I want and sold what was left to a guy to put an engine in

Latest posts

Back