villageidiot's build thread "the jerk"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White frame is good lookin, but boring. Red ano looks great, but fades.

I went with all black bits, only think left to get is bars, pedals, valve caps, and a seat. I'll likely make a seat post out of stainless (polished).

The black wheels, stem, sprocket, post clamp etc is gunna kind of mute the bike out, so the frame has to really pop.

I could add a dash of color in the bars, pedals, and stem caps. It'll depend on frame color if I choose to add more color. We shall see. Still waiting on bits.

Sounds awesome. I kept bending chromoly 7/8" posts on my various INBs; switched to thick-walled (.12") stainless, and i haven't had a problem since..... and, of course, it can be polished up real nice! :113: Keep up the good work, and drop some pictures on us when you can....:android:

wheels came in, seat post clamp came in. pics added to first page.....

also peep the shot of my wife's fiat 500 wheels that i did. stock steels powder coated and i made the center caps on the lathe/mill. threaded the lug studs to accept the button head allens..... she loves em. no other fiat has that setup.

4E7AC222-AEDA-4D8C-A04C-555E7868B8B7_zpsm8kfdz2p.jpg
Those centre caps look awesome!

Luke.

Hopefully not too crusty, I asked him for a good clean one haha. It's going to get blasted and pc'd so it won't matter too much, just don't want dents or gouges.

I'm sure it'll be good.

I've powdered some pretty badly cratered frames in the past, and the PC fills in the blemishes pretty well. Worksman frames tend to get the most surface run at the stays, and it seems to me that the worst of it is at the chainstays just behind the bottom bracket. I've gotten some real crustballs from Chuck, but even the worst of them are always solid... it's just extensive surface rust, but not actual rot. And, relatively speaking, it's usually not in a real obvious spot....

ok, so heres some updates......

profile sprocket came in SO STOKED!!!
C688C322-9637-4EDB-AD77-8CF819D020C8_zps1nsgwjax.jpg

my frame came from chuck.... chuckz, you the man, this thing is PERFECT!!!!! so stoked!! like a kid..... a 6'2" 300lb little frickin kid.
CF728ECD-3EA6-4C45-BD82-134AD91F64BF_zpsoi62wndo.jpg

i opened up all the packages..... and did a quick mock up. pardon the messy garage.

E2692E42-2E58-4939-B05E-52F1BBE4C469_zpsygv5ms3m.jpg

i think this is gunna look the dogs bullocks. I love it when a "plan" comes together.

Back