VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three Old School Desert Sleds.................................................
IMG_5668.JPG
IMG_2713.JPG
IMG_2920.JPG

Funk, Overbury's, got it. You're from England. Nice pieces, we don't see that stuff over here. You guys probably more of our Konas over there than us too...
Yup! from the North of England , it’s really hard to obtain this type of stuff over here tbh , even when new the funk ,Ritchey and breezer were very unobtainable , your right on Kona’s , they are like Ford motor cars , everywhere.. nice bikes but not my thing, probably because bitd I used to work in a Shop that was a Kona stockist and assembled way too many of them damm things 🤣 , pleased you like the bikes I’ve posted, I have a few more that I’ll pop up at some point in the new year 😉👌👍, have a great Christmas 😘

1959 26" Schwinn SS Klunker Desert Sled owner built (me).

And a Takara Scout not sure of the year? Any help would be appreciated on the information of the year of this rig if any of you Rats know about these rigs? This bicycle was left at the curb in my sons neighborhood with a free sign attached to it. I completely went through the bicycle everything operates great and it is a fun bicycle to ride.

Attachments

• IMG_6292.JPG
    IMG_6292.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6293.JPG
    IMG_6293.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5672 (1).JPG
    IMG_5672 (1).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
And a Takara Scout not sure of the year? Any help would be appreciated on the information of the year of this rig if any of you Rats know about these rigs?
It looks like a decent Japanese bike, lugged, if you give a close up if the tubing sticker, we can talk about the tubeset. I'm thinking early to mid 80s probably somewhat of a clone of an early stumpjumper, looks like pretty good parts used. I think they're Suntour, if it has any Shimano parts on there, you will be able to find a date code on it, could pin down the year of build based on that. Now let's talk about those bars. You might have an actual set of nitto bullmoose there, would be worth your time to pull them and see if there's anything engraved on the tube. Although there were literally a million copies made, the nitto are still desirable and valuable

It looks like a decent Japanese bike, lugged, if you give a close up if the tubing sticker, we can talk about the tubeset. I'm thinking early to mid 80s probably somewhat of a clone of an early stumpjumper, looks like pretty good parts used. I think they're Suntour, if it has any Shimano parts on there, you will be able to find a date code on it, could pin down the year of build based on that. Now let's talk about those bars. You might have an actual set of nitto bullmoose there, would be worth your time to pull them and see if there's anything engraved on the tube. Although there were literally a million copies made, the nitto are still desirable and valuable
MattiThundrrr, here are some photos of the Takara the bullmoose bars are not Nitto but they were made in Japan the thummies are Shimano, dia-compe brakes, looks like Sunrace derailleurs the wheels are Araya. Any information that you can provide pertaining to th[s rig would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_7995.JPG
    IMG_7995.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_E7998.JPG
    IMG_E7998.JPG
    346.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8003.JPG
    IMG_8003.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8002.JPG
    IMG_8002.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8001.JPG
    IMG_8001.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7999.JPG
    IMG_7999.JPG
  • IMG_7998.JPG
    IMG_7998.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7997.JPG
    IMG_7997.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7996.JPG
    IMG_7996.JPG
Speaking of yummy, Ingola just jams my inbox full of delicious, some days it's too good, gotta share here. Do you guys know Chris Dekerf? Canadian bike artist
IMG_20240127_143346.jpg

His stuff is so popular, that he tried to put down the torch, but there was such an outcry from the cycling world that he had to come out of retirement. I'm sure I've shared his forks and stays before. Today, we will be drooling over this stem
IMG_20240127_112004.jpg

*Don't ignore those cable stops and color matched Rockshox either. This is a magnificent machine

Speaking of yummy, Ingola just jams my inbox full of delicious, some days it's too good, gotta share here. Do you guys know Chris Dekerf? Canadian bike artist View attachment 257547
His stuff is so popular, that he tried to put down the torch, but there was such an outcry from the cycling world that he had to come out of retirement. I'm sure I've shared his forks and stays before. Today, we will be drooling over this stemView attachment 257548
*Don't ignore those cable stops and color matched Rockshox either. This is a magnificent machine
That bar/stem set up is the bomb!!!!!!! Great looking rig the green is awesome. I would sport that rig!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back