VOTE HERE!!! - RRBBO4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose your top 3 favortie bikes!

• The Man In Black

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Greaser "Great Balls Of Fire"

Votes: 26 7.8%
  • Schwinn Delorean DMC-12

• Jupiter-The Flying Finn

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Dutch Racer

• Subterfuge

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Addison Speed Special

• ?RUNVS?

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • The Tenderizer

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Hooch-A-Rama

• The Rust Huffer

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Ratty News

• The Gooch!!

Votes: 23 6.9%
  • Cosmic Flyer

• Sir Loin Of Beef

Votes: 28 8.4%
  • Orange County Rat "Chop Suey"

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Twice As Nice

• The Columbian

• Black Coffee With Cream

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • You Dirty Rat

• R.E.D.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Nasferatu-The Koffin Kruiser

• In With A '38

• Change Of Plans

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • The Crucible

Votes: 22 6.6%
  • The Rickety Rat

• B Wok (Bored Wok)

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Murrat

• Beachin' Cruiser

• Badd Mojo

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • The Blue Zepper

• Mas Patina

• LLSX-53

Votes: 31 9.3%
  • Them Bones

• The Bike Formerly Known As Mr. Goodyear

• Riki-Tiki-Rati

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • Board Feather

• FatRat

• Sweet Liberty

• Next Blood Clot

• "The Starliner" Cafe Racer

• Mad Max's Money Build

• The Grunge Rudge

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Stove Bolt Special

• Free Wheelin Gambles

• 1948 Hawthorne: The Claymore

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Joscats Caffeinachronism

• .... BOUND

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • For Ruby

• The Beaver

• Roadmaster Diesel

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • Military Time Machine

• Rustic Hawthorne

• Billet Bullet

• The Galt Town Hooligan

Votes: 87 26.0%
  • Mustang

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • The Battle Cruiser

• New, Used & Reused

• Zig Zag

Votes: 27 8.1%
  • The Frightliner

• Hot Rod Scooter

• Raisin Under The Sun

• Half-a-lugi

• Eddie Munsters Other Bike "Wolfgang"

• Black No. 1

• The King Ray

• Splatter Rat

• Dirt Dobber

• Ultra Violet

• Beach Picnic

• 1963 Schwinn Racer- Plain & Simple

• Victim Of Changes

• Blackened

• Stripped And Teased

Votes: 86 25.7%
  • Hot Rod Girl

• Bad Influence

• Zepatista

• Rat Turd

• Higgoosa

• Ratty Caddy

• The Lady Rat "Spitzel"

• 63' Base

• Hiawatha Silver Bullit

• JC Jalopy

• 1/2 Six Pack Later

• Meshmerized

• Pacific Paradise Found

• Lady Luck

Votes: 14 4.2%
  • The Merc

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • The Shooting Star

• Country Rat AMF

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • GI Joe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a little too close glad it is exciting for u all nerve wracking to me lol

well I have to admit defeat, it seems I will probably come up a few votes short of winning.
I do, however, want to say that I would rather fly with eagles than be king of the ground squirrels!

37fleetwood said:
well I have to admit defeat, it seems I will probably come up a few votes short of winning.
I do, however, want to say that I would rather fly with eagles than be king of the ground squirrels!
maybe king of the flying squirrels? :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHk4VXMlE8Y
looks to violent on the ground :lol:
for_B3ta_jedi_squirrels.jpg

I wonder why both Rat Rod and Herr Rudolf both used the worst(IMO)photo of my build. :? Space? Can't seem to access my Website at the moment to check that theory. :x Not that it would effect the outcome, I'd just rather see one of the first 2 posted. :|

deorman said:
I wonder why both Rat Rod and Herr Rudolf both used the worst(IMO)photo of my build. :? Space? Can't seem to access my Website at the moment to check that theory. :x Not that it would effect the outcome, I'd just rather see one of the first 2 posted. :|
yet another reason it's important to look at the build and finished thread on each bike. that way you get a very full view of the bike. the gallery is just an aid in being able to see all of them at once, I don't think it is supposed to be the final authority. please people if you haven't voted yet take the time to look, at least, at the finished threads of all the bikes. :wink:

Well, I must be on the right track, compared to last years build votes, i've nearly quadrupled the votes I received :p
Very cool feeling that some of the best builders I know of like what I do.
I know i'm my own worst enemy when it comes to finishing though, I always lean too far towards a "hot-rod" finish instead of a rat-rod! :roll:
Thanks to everyone for another great build off and to those who chose stovebolt as their fave.
Rick

Just want to say, my votes went to the youngin's because they are the next generation of rat rodders! they are the future :)
but seriously, the Crucible was very well thought out and executed, and was a great bike regardless of the age of the builder. And I gotta also give a shout out to the Splatter Rat, that's the coolest bike a 6 year old could have :)

Great job everyone!

deorman said:

Well I guess it's obvious now: Mr Ratrod and I are scared to death for the competition so we used the most ugly pics of all of the build-off bikes...
:shock: :mrgreen:

Some more likely possibilities:

mr Ratrod and I know a thing or two about graphic design and how to look at pictures I guess. For me: I thought it was the best pic because one of deorman's favorite pics (2) is out of focus, but more importantly, I tried to use the pics that showed the bikes in their most flattering way. Look and try to find that one thing that makes the bike special, and emphasize it. With deorman's I felt it's the clean and see through look, and the best way to show it is in 'en-profile'...

Appologies to deorman (and everyone else that thinks we didn't use the 'right' pic).

It isn't easy though to make a compilation and keep everybody happy at the same time. But that wasn't my intention. I started to collect the 'finished pics' as soon as they were posted just to make voting for myself a bit easier. There were bikes I knew by name, but there were even more I didn't knew by name. Still don't. And I thought I'd better share with you guys because without this reminder, I thought you, like me, could be forgetting a lot of cool builds. What I didn't know was that mr Ratrod was making an 'official' gallery. (and a way much better one...) I felt a bit awkward though, for me putting up my own gallery just a day before mr Ratrod finished all his hardwork...

deorman makes a good point. Photography and presentation are VERY important in a build-off like this. Being a participant on this build means you have to show and tell, in the best possible way. There are a lot of builders that built a cool bike with lot's of detail but it didn't show in their pics well enough to make the impact it supposed to make... I think that's a shame. Good pics are not that hard to make. Look at good pics you like (not good bikes persee) and try to copy those pics with your own bikes. Try to capture the personal details in the best possible way by choosing a neutral background. A brick wall, a large field, an ampty stretch of highway, etc. Make shure that the focus is on the bike, and not on the wildstyle grafitti, other bikes, or an awesome hotrod for that matter. That is good for one or two pics, but not so if you want to show off all of your hard work. Also, try to make the bike fit in the pictureframe! WIth today's digicams you can take hundreds of pics. Just choose only the best of the best.

This poll is amazingly exciting! I think I'm checking at least 30 or 40 times a day (and believe it's actually much more...) It must be VERY intense for the two best to be first place for a couple of days just to trade place for runner-up the next few days. Excitement till the end. It really doesn't come any better.

I don't think this system needs to change, but if there's going to be a change, some sort of point-system would be better. It would be hard though to figure out what kind of point-system. Someone made a very good point a few days ago about the possibility of a 1st place winner who was really on everybody's 3rd place spot. I don't think different categories are needed. The object is plain and simple: Build a ratrodbike! That really should be enough.

Great point of views mr Rudolf about the photos and presentation! So true in so many ways. No matter how expensive, well crafted or time consuming a build/bike is, if the photos are bad they give also a bad impression of the bike overall. Photos should not be all and everything but they do play a key role, especially on the internet. Besides the build journals, the photos are the only way to judge. In the BMX world i have seen countless well built, expensive old bikes built with good sense of taste ...only to be ruined by bad photography the minute later you see them. It certainly doesn't take much to take proper photos for eveybody to enjoy and just as much to ruin the impression of a great, thru bad presentation.

Also, i often see many bikes with photos that look almost identical, meaning, they are all shot at the same angle and from the same side. Nothing wrong with that, only, they don't show much to the viewer. I take hundreds of photos of my bikes although sometimes it only takes about 20-30 photos to hit the perfect photos, in perfect lighting and perfect BACKGROUND, then i choose the BEST ones and then even choose the best ones of those. Less is (usually) more depending what you want to say to the viewer thru your photos. One or two decent photos represent the bike better than a dozen photos of the same bike shot at the same angle. When thaking photos, imagine you are the wiever yourself. Do you really want to see 10 identical photos? Just my opinion, and Rudolf, your presentation is one of the best.

An excellent bike can "go wrong" in many ways simply by choosing a distracting background, unless it's intentional or "artistic". I see nice bikes photogtaphed in front of many distracting elements, cars, vegetation, backyard full of junk, dogs, people, lawnmover, garden hose or a yawning wife on the background the list goes on. Many don't realize or think that all these elements draw viewers attention away from the bike or whatever the photo is about. Direct sunlight with strong contrasts can ruin otherwise a nice photo/bike. Badly cropped photo with part of fender missing in the photo might ruin a photo. Bad lighting, bad focus etc. etc.

My point is, good photos are important in good presentation. Imagine walking in a museum or exhibition where everything is out of place more less, half built and half of the stuff is still in the warehouse because the muesum workers are too lazy or busy to set up a good exhibition. Not really worth the admission fee is it?

2Fresh said:
...and Rudolf, your presentation is one of the best.

Thanks :) The presentation you're referring to is more of a gimmick than a serious attempt. A chart like I did looks cool but it's hardly readable for instance. But it's just good fun. I like fooling around with design and stuff. And I made shure the rest of the photo's were about the bike and it's details.

2Fresh said:
Photos should not be all and everything but they do play a key role, especially on the internet.

That's exactly it. Now I'll bet there are some hardcore people who're going to say: 'It should not be about the photography, it should be about the bikes! All true... It's just that we don't see the bikes... We see PHOTO'S of the bikes. Good or bad photography DOES affect everybody, if you like it or not... It's just the way of the world. I like photo's of bikes in their natural habitat, but it takes some time and practise to pull that off. I had no luck with that yet...

I agree: 'no yawning wifes or moms please' :mrgreen:

But all said and done: I still have only 3 votes...
:shock: :? :mrgreen:

Hey I got two votes WOOOO HOOOO!!!!! But my legs are a little sore as Boardfeather is more top end than anything, and as far as the brakes the handles get a little interesting. So I figure if I shave my legs,body paint my spandex, :shock: and threaten to post picks unless I get votes I think that would help the overall outcome :roll:

Latest posts

Back