weekend finds.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to my brother-in-laws this weekend. Always a great roadtrip for finding junky ole bikes. This trip, I promised I wouldn't buy ANY, as I currently have a storage issue. I'm sure I'm the only one with this problem :) That being said, here's what I picked up..... Nothing terribly special. Just a couple cool girls bikes.

I really like this 24" WF. I'll probably keep it, and build it for my daughter in a few years. It's the oldest 24er I've ever picked up.

001-30.jpg

002-21.jpg

003-21.jpg

004-17.jpg

016-2.jpg

I'll probably part out this ole Monark. I bought it for two reasons. I love the headbadge, and I thought it unusual it has an aluminum chainguard. Did they make very many in aluminum?? I've never seen an older bike with one. (other than a silverking) Must be a "Monark thing"??

006-17.jpg

008-13.jpg

010-7.jpg

Thanks for lookin,
Jules

mattyfu said:
I like the seat on the western flyer except is that bird poop on it? :lol:
That is a pretty rad headbadge too, good shape.
The Seat is what first drew me to the bike. Very cool for a rat. That is, except for the birdy doo doo...... :)

I have a boy's Monark with that chainguard and the same frame paint graphic. Even the fender looks like the same paint scheme. As you said, the chainguard must be a Monark thing. They are almost flimsy. How many teeth on that sprocket? I could use a smaller one, 42 to 44, less would be better.

JLarkin said:
.......How many teeth on that sprocket? I could use a smaller one, 42 to 44, less would be better.

I had to leave the bikes at my Brotherinlaws as I wasn't in my truck. I'm going back down there in a month or so and will bring them back then. I'll give it a count and give you first shot at it if it works for you.
Jules

Back