Well, it was free....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was out picking today, wasn't looking for bikes but I didnt come home empty handed. It's a 68 orange krate... Carcass. The fact being I'm almost embarrassed to show a picture, because EVERYTHING is welded. The stem, welded. Handlebars, welded in. seat, welded to the seatpost. Seatpost, welded in w/ a gusset. and someone used seagull droppings to drag out the front forks, and they bent the front bars down to the rear fork legs. When I get it presentable I'll get a picture but not yet. :? :|

Oh come on we got to see this, I have seen some bad bikes. I actually bought one just to show it off on here. If yours is worse than this GIVE UP NOW!

P1260012.jpg

As advertized I talked it down to $40 only because I needed a good set of rims and other parts were worth it.

CLadd.jpg

Gotta love the open tabs! and that thing looks sweet! But the hideous welding on this almost makes a person want to take a half step away.... But the orange paint is preserved under about a quarter inch of what I think used to be ford blue.

I'll post a pic later today. I finally got the old fork arms off, so I'm in need of a whole new krate springer for parts, wheels, a chainguard a seat and new bars and stem... So basically I need everything but the fork center. The frame is straight though!
B607 said:
The good thing is that no matter what you do to it, you can't hurt it. :p Gary
. You do have a point!

Well, here it is.
7502845826_5f9b1c3629.jpg
the welds are solid holding the seatpost down, and it still has the clip for the drum brake on the fork, so I need to find EVERYTHING. For it pretty much

Latest posts

Back