We'll see where this goes... two briggs bikes....NOW DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here she is all finished. Please read on if you want to read the process.
BoardTracker1copy.jpg

Started building this awhile ago. I don't really have much of a plan yet, but its starting to come together.

Started with a brand new schwinn on sale from target.
P1100557.jpg

Grinder and welder. About to make the first cut. The fork is a girvin from a proflex mtb. The elastomer spring was shat so I just reworked it a bit.
P1110018.jpg

First cuts have been made.
P1110025.jpg

P1110036.jpg

P1110039.jpg

My buddy (I'll call him Mr. French) is also working on his own briggs bike.
P1110030.jpg

Mr. French's bikes is coming along nicely.
P1110041.jpg

Re: We'll see where this goes... two briggs bikes

Chips_Mahoy said:
This should be in the calendar w/ "BUILT......not bought" on it!

yeah, along with a picture of the one leg man.
who didn't think about cluch,&
chain drive line position.

I did have an initial plan but I have since deviated a bunch. Here is one of the first drawings I did of the bike. The current build will have a different drive-line since I wont be putting pedals or a crank on. Instead sealed bearings will be installed in the bottom bracket. This is where the jack shaft will then go to drive the rear wheel from the right side.

BoardTrackerModel5.jpg

Finally found some time to work on the bike a little more. I got the engine mounts completely mounted now. Also got the jackshaft and sprockets installed. All I have to do now is decide on how I want to do the tank. Not sure if i want just add some small cylinder for a tank and leave the frame as is or add a cross bar and make a more traditional tank. What do you all think?

P1110103b.jpg

Cross bar...yes or no?
P1110103c.jpg

Before you go any further, you need to do some research abut rake and trail.

That headtube angle isn't going to work, man.

Beau said:
Before you go any further, you need to do some research abut rake and trail.

That headtube angle isn't going to work, man.

Yeah, I know about all that...I was just hoping it wasn't going to be an issue at the lower speeds. However, after reading your concerns I decided to take the bike down a hill to see how she handled, and well it did indeed handle like .... like you said. So thanks for motivating me to try it out before I went too far. I have since changed the head tube angle to allow for positive trail.

I ended up doing a ...... job of documenting my progress, as the bike is all done now. My buddy Mr. French has abandoned his project unfortunately. Now onto some finished pics...thats the best part anyway.

BoardTracker1copy.jpg

P1110359.jpg

P1110366.jpg

P1110364.jpg

P1110365.jpg

The build turned out great! Bike looks sweet. How does the bike ride in the end? Top speed? I would love to see some close-ups of your drivetrain :D

Back