western flyer sonic flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this western flyer sonic flyer today not sure of the year but thought it was pretty cool
westernflyer.jpg

Thought that was pretty cool too, I was in shock the the plastic piece was still on the tank and not dry rotten. i cant decide if i want clean it top to bottom with dawn then semi gloss or flat clear it or strip it down and redo it in pink and white (for the wifey) The place i got this from has alot more old bikes but when i went by there today this was the only one the guy knew his wife wanted to give me, so i have to go back but will be well worth the trip.

went out to spray the neck down with wd40 and tried to find any numbers on it but didnt see any in the few places i know to look, any Ideas on where to look?

Unseized the fork today and got it torn down to the sprocket and forks, undecided if i want to hand sand it all down or see if i can find someone to blast it for me.

Is it my computer or does the frame look bent? If not, great project for the wife. If so, well...at least the parts could transfer to another frame?

partsguy said:
Is it my computer or does the frame look bent? If not, great project for the wife. If so, well...at least the parts could transfer to another frame?
Think its just the way i took the pic, its nice and straight

Latest posts

Back