Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just picked up this bike, has og paint but worn through in a few places. Tank light works but lens is cracked and yellowed. Brand new tires on it and a brand new persons seat but has the og seat and og pedals with it. I am not a huge fan of these bikes but it was a good deal so I picked it up figuring I could keep it, trade it for parts for my 37 Mercury bicycle I just bought, trade for or towords another bike, or sell outright if anyone is interested in making me an offer on it. Let me know what you think. I am honestly not sure of year, I assume early 60s
western1.jpg

western.jpg

western2.jpg

Irene, post the serial number and I'll help out. It is located by the left axle nut. Some of it may be under the axle nut washer or maybe under the fender brace and bolt. Kenny.

I think I may be trading this for another bike locally unless a buyer pops up pretty quick...

The number coded on it is MO6 20x10 817392 if anyone can help me tell what year it is exactly. I have a guy coming to look at it later this week with a $200 offer based off the pics for just the bike.

MO = Murray Ohio
6 = 1966
20 = model number.
X10 = Western Auto
817392 = sequential production number.

Yeah, I put it up there for $275 to see what interest I would get. I have a guy trying to come out tomorrow to look at it that said he would go $200 for it. A little less than I wanted but enough for me to sell it if he likes it... :D I gotta buy an older bike and buy parts for another old one I am gonna restore.

Back