What are you listening to?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digging through my old junk yesterday I found a viable cassette tape of Zappa’s Waka/JaWaka Hot Rats.
00108404-9CCE-4BDB-9B04-BCDCB8E0B9F8.jpeg

This was some really seminal wa-wa work, and I gotta go put that on the cassette player.

Yes I still have one for music, and one that is part of an ancient computer. It’s just a regular Tandy monophonic portable cassette player, but it has a port that allows the computer to turn it on and off so you can record data. It’s got to be almost 40 years old now and it still works great.

Often times Hot Rats sounds like less of a performance and more of a practice session with some really hot guys.

This is music that musicians will appreciate because it’s just so dang hard to play, but on the other hand, not so accessible to the “pedestrians”.

I never owned any of the Doors until that one came out. Mostly I was into recording off the radio and if I bought LPs it was a special occasion. (Or they were on the discount rack.) Back in those days I mostly lived out in the sticks, and there was no place to buy anything. But the radio is free and I had lots of tape.

I never owned any of the Doors until that one came out. Mostly I was into recording off the radio and if I bought LPs it was a special occasion. (Or they were on the discount rack.) Back in those days I mostly lived out in the sticks, and there was no place to buy anything. But the radio is free and I had lots of tape.
ya I have a few LPS rotting on a shelf really need to fix my turn table. or trade them/sale them. for bike parts. 🤔 theirs a little of every thing in there 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's. rock, metal, punk, rap, disco. you name it it's in there. every thing but the Beatles sold those a few years back.
DSC02902.JPG

DSC02903.JPG

Last edited:
Oooooooo….. Some of those are going to wobble.
they have yet to wobble but I have been buying albums since 1977. but do to me being born 1970. most those records my mom helped me get. like Momas and the papas,

basically stuff she also liked.

but now I like all types of music

I had this on 8 track back in the day. Great compilation!
I had to think about this, but I never actually owned an eight track player of any kind until I married my second wife and bought her a new stereo. Then I inherited her 1970s Fisher stereo, which had a high-quality eight track player and some great 8 inch two-way Phillips speakers.

That became the power for my desktop computer sound system for several years. I don’t think I played the 8 track more than once, but I wouldn’t be surprised if her tapes are still in a closet somewhere.

I had a huge collection of tapes, most of which I made myself, but they were all cassette tapes.

Latest posts

Back