What are you listening to?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

200w.gif

Hands down one of the best concerts of my life. If my mother only knew what she was
agreeing to when she handed me the money for the ticket. My mom and dad said
I can go!! :rockout: RUSH at Madison Square Garden for their 1982 Signals Tour. Opener
was Rory Gallagher. Wow. Taking the train in to Penn Station. What an amazing time to
be fifteen and wandering around NYC on a winter night with my group of degenerate
friends. I wore that concert shirt like a badge of honor until it was an absolutely tattered
rag. Dalmatian peeing on the fire hydrant. My mom laughed at it when she saw it. "Are
they a comedy group?" Rush? Um, no ma. They're not a comedy group. It's a rock band.
"Oh, okay. Did you have a good time in the city?" Oh yeah. Definitely. Thanks ma. "Good."

Hands down one of the best concerts of my life. If my mother only knew what she was
agreeing to when she handed me the money for the ticket. My mom and dad said
I can go!! :rockout: RUSH at Madison Square Garden for their 1982 Signals Tour. Opener
was Rory Gallagher. Wow. Taking the train in to Penn Station. What an amazing time to
be fifteen and wandering around NYC on a winter night with my group of degenerate
friends. I wore that concert shirt like a badge of honor until it was an absolutely tattered
rag. Dalmatian peeing on the fire hydrant. My mom laughed at it when she saw it. "Are
they a comedy group?" Rush? Um, no ma. They're not a comedy group. It's a rock band.
"Oh, okay. Did you have a good time in the city?" Oh yeah. Definitely. Thanks ma. "Good."
That sound like a great memory!
My parents always played Rush when I was a kid, playing with Lego's in the house. Certainly gave me memories and lots of imagination!

Later on Ayreon "Into the Electric Castle" was played a lot. Its not the same or even comparable to Rush, but certainly is progressive and has a similar feel.
I still get goosebumps when the line drops: 'you must enter the nuclear portals of the electric castle'

Latest posts

Back