What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, man! It's a 1961, found last year shortly after someone tried telling me there was no such thing as a cantilever frame Speedster.
He was thinking of a Typhoon or some other non 61 cantilever type frame.... Goes to show what most don't know unless you live, eat, breath and sleep with Schwinns...

My ride to work today...
Rescued from a scrapper.
Had a mangled front wheel, and worn out grips and seat.
It's a cool bike, but I can't get used to the two-speed kickback hub... I'm constantly changing gears when I don't want to.

View attachment 190889
I have the same hub and the same issue with it. I’ve come to terms with it. I find thd weak brake on mine more annoying. cool bike you have there.

Took Maurice out yesterday for The Moustache Ride sponsored by Großen Bart Brewing for a fun day of visiting local brewers & distillers. 🙂
50662.jpeg
IMG_20220423_140046607_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220423_161458292_HDR.jpg

Maurice, Ruling!

That Red Nirve chopper is in dire need of some TLC^

My intent was to cut out from Bootstrap and return after checking on the doggos. One of them is not 100% right now, so tending to them became a priority. Getting out and seeing some people I had not seen in a while was nice. Thanks for the heads-up on this @Palepainter

Maurice, Ruling!

That Red Nirve chopper is in dire need of some TLC^

My intent was to cut out from Bootstrap and return after checking on the doggos. One of them is not 100% right now, so tending to them became a priority. Getting out and seeing some people I had not seen in a while was nice. Thanks for the heads-up on this @Palepainter

That's Ryan's Nirve. We had a chat about it's sad state.🤣 Sorry @Palepainter couldn't make it but appreciate the head's up as well! I had a blast!

Doc says loose weight - so Im fixing my diet and polished up the STR-29 'race bike' yesterday for some better daily workouts.
This thing has all the fruit - fully upgraded with the best of everything BMX. View attachment 192260
That's an SE I missed out on and love. SWEET.

Latest posts

Back