What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got in a great workout on my dirt jumper at the pump track in fantastic weather for August.🤓 Temps in the low 70's with an occasional brief sprinkle.
IMG_20230806_140508437.jpg

Rode one of our colab bikes today, Peugeot converted to straight bar
700x40 tyres for smooth commuting, I keep random bikes at work as I finish early afternoon and as I'm in the city I go for a quick cruise after work

Attachments

• 20230808_131215.jpg
    20230808_131215.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
This memory of a ride from 12 years ago popped up. This is my rookie year build off entry BEER RUN from BO6 in 2011. I finished 26th with 10 votes. I wrote "Right after I got back home I found out that I hit double digits in the voting. Pretty cool." I've been hooked on the fun and camaraderie of the build offs ever since! Thanks for another fun time guys and girls! Get out and ride your trophies!
You can see that Speedfish is not my first time putting a steering wheel on a build.

beerrun.jpg

Such a cool gig being able to have bikes at work for pure leisure 😎
Yer it's pretty sweet, where I live in the burbs is hilly and I just couldn't be bothered in my older age to drive home chuck the rack on the car put bike on rack drive in traffic to the CBD take off bike,take off rack,lock in car, ride ( the best part )then repeat process to home, sometimes I will ride from home if the family is away as there's no "pick up this for me" and"come get me" calls, so I randomly choose a bike to take to work that I don't mind leaving there and if the mood and weather is good I will grab it and literally go across the road through a small play area to the town basin/marina and ride around it and over a bridge and back to work which is a few kilometres or I can go off track and ride through the mangroves out to a nice waterfront suburb and back to work, jump in car and home, my collaborator in bike building has had to downsize his workspace and relocate around the corner so all the bikes at his space (12 or so) will be coming back to my place and stored under the house which Is fine cos that means more daily rides to choose from

The proper rat rod: 21 miles In full tonight.

16 on a shorter workout ride, 5 with Syracuse Classic Bikes: thing rides totally silent, rolls like silk.

-there were 2 Raleigh’s on the club ride tonight. The other Raleigh (with the original bag) has the matching women’s bike but his wife won’t ride it!
IMG_8556.jpeg
IMG_8555.jpeg

I rode my crusty Collegiate for Bike Night last night with 88 riders & 3 dogs. The theme was "House Cleaning Products" to pone fun at Scott, who led the ride since Ryan is at County Fair with his Daughters pigs. Scott is quite bald. Like Mr. Clean.:giggle::giggle:

Gathering at the start
IMG_20230809_183913724.jpg

Through the park
IMG_20230809_184516347.jpg

Trouble ahead
IMG_20230809_190629329.jpg

Trouble behind
IMG_20230809_190623030.jpg

A couple of friends
IMG_20230809_191638600.jpg

My ride for the night
IMG_20230809_193423764.jpg

Good times!

I rode my crusty Collegiate for Bike Night last night with 88 riders & 3 dogs. The theme was "House Cleaning Products" to pone fun at Scott, who led the ride since Ryan is at County Fair with his Daughters pigs. Scott is quite bald. Like Mr. Clean.:giggle::giggle:

Gathering at the startView attachment 245397

Through the parkView attachment 245396

Trouble aheadView attachment 245399

Trouble behindView attachment 245398

A couple of friendsView attachment 245394

My ride for the nightView attachment 245395

Good times!
What great group, kids, dogs in trailers, this groups got it all! I'll ride with you guys.

What great group, kids, dogs in trailers, this groups got it all! I'll ride with you guys.

Bring it!! Have some bikes you could ride if you can't bring your own. Happy to have you! It's a great way to take a deep breath & relax in the middle of the week. :thumbsup: Now to get @Palepainter to join us again, once rehearsals don't interfere.:rockout:

Gathering at the startView attachment 245397

Through the parkView attachment 245396

Trouble aheadView attachment 245399

Trouble behindView attachment 245398

A couple of friendsView attachment 245394

My ride for the nightView attachment 245395

Good times!

When and where are these rides taking place? I might be traveling to the greater Denver area in Sept. Looks like a great community ride and I may get the all clear to ride by then.....Hmmmmm.....(just thinking)........

When and where are these rides taking place? I might be traveling to the greater Denver area in Sept. Looks like a great community ride and I may get the all clear to ride by then.....Hmmmmm.....(just thinking)........

Bike Night is in Longmont every Wednesday at Roosevelt Park from 6:30-8:00pm beginning mid May through September. The last ride for the season is September 20 this year. We ride around the old part of town & usually have folks waiting for us along the way that wave, cheer, etc. If you're on facebook check out Longmont Bike Night. We're about to wrap up season 19 & happy to have you along for a ride! Just 45 minutes or so from Denver.✌️ Can't bring a bike? I have a few you can use.....

Back