What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mystery Cycle

Attachments

• Mystery.jpg
    Mystery.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Blue Bike Day!

This morning.
30km down to the dog treats stall at the markets - and beyond - on the STR-29.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

This afternoon I fitted new moustache handlebars to Le Mirage.
"That looks proper-French now!" My neighbour Richard said.
Really happy with the result - the cables are a bit tight currently, but I have 2mtrs new braided outer arriving in the post tomorrow.

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

7.jpg

@JA331 @BDC thanks for keeping the thread rolling with that warm down under weather. This thread is providing me with my daily requirement of vitamins D and B(ike)
Glad to help Matti. Weather down south where I live is very patchy and you have to sneak in a ride when you can. A week from summer and you wouldn’t know it.

though not able to run the local Turkey Trot 5 miler that I've been doing every Thanksgiving since the 90s due to knee pain, I am thankful I was able to ride before the big feast. This is an '89 Centurion Accordo. The picture is at the Lock #12 on the Farmington Canal Path in Cheshire, CT.

IMG_2618.jpg

apology for only posting road bikes lately.

though not able to run the local Turkey Trot 5 miler that I've been doing every Thanksgiving since the 90s due to knee pain, I am thankful I was able to ride before the big feast. This is an '89 Centurion Accordo. The picture is at the Lock #12 on the Farmington Canal Path in Cheshire, CT.

View attachment 253174

apology for only posting road bikes lately.
Beautiful bike and beautiful background. CT is on my list of places next time I am your way.

Glad to help Matti. Weather down south where I live is very patchy and you have to sneak in a ride when you can. A week from summer and you wouldn’t know it.

I'm 1,700km (1100mi) north of JA. You can pretty much ride in a tee shirt all year round up here. It's been wet lately, but nice temps.

Nothing here yet but -16c with the windchill
I'm not expecting it to stay longer than a few days... It's only about -1°C here. Just enough to put a "sugarcoating" over the city over night and then create a wet muddy mess by afternoon... :confused:

I'm not expecting it to stay longer than a few days... It's only about -1°C here. Just enough to put a "sugarcoating" over the city over night and then create a wet muddy mess by afternoon... :confused:
I bike all winter most people are shocked I would rather -20 over 1,2 degrees it's a horrible mess your always wet

I bike all winter most people are shocked I would rather -20 over 1,2 degrees it's a horrible mess your always wet
I would love to ride my bike on hard packed snow at -20°C
Here they throw tons of salt at any snowflake that dares to fall out of the clouds...

The weather is getting worse so I have been putting the time in on my newly acquired 1979 Schwinn Spitfire. Every time I hear the knobby tires growling on the pavement it takes me back to being a kid when a few of my bikes had them. I added a better cruiser seat and removed the ridiculous fenders.

Attachments

• IMG_3195.jpg
    IMG_3195.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3208.jpg
    IMG_3208.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
20 mile night ride last night on the Red Bridge Trail. 1988 Supergo Access Comp Deore. My race bike back in the day, now a drop bar fender bike.

IMG_2631.jpg

Back