What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, I rode it a few times with the stock wheels and even at lower speeds it felt like it would tip over. I think they made that narrow to fit through a standard house door, but I don't bring my bikes in the house so wider it is. I had been thinking about making it electric, but I changed my mind. I am however going to make it multi speed rather than the stock 3 speed. Lots of small hills around here. And even more gravel.

I look forward to seeing a fat tire gravel trike!! 😂 😂 Mine came equipped with 5 speed derailleur & is a blessing on hills. Just can't do e-bikes. Gotta pedal. I'll get around to upgrades one day.....
Have fun with yours!!✌️

Nice.....one of these but very well used came up for sale on FB in my neck of the woods for a hundred or so dollars,It peaked my interest but didn't have the coin to get looks quick and has an urban attack stance
Yeah - it is very light, fast, very quick steering and a lot of fun.

This 2022 model has Aluminium frame, carbon fork stock, with Shimano 105 and FST running gear and Tektro hydraulic brakes - and I've added carbon seat post, bars, stem and spacers - and a Ti stem cap. Shimano sealed pedals, Garmin setup and some nice lights.

Finished it off with Brooks Cambium grips, C17 saddle and Giant ergo bar ends (that I sometimes run without.)

It's become my go-to ride for errands and weekday fitness workouts.

gfrr.jpg

I have been riding this '79 Spitfire since I picked it up last month. It was in need of a clean and grease, I built up this set of S-2 wheels with NOS union spokes and nipples a Bendix '70 rear with a Schwinn approved 200 model front hub. I added a set of original Schwinn Studded Balloon tires. Now I can continue to ride while I service the original S-2 heavy duty wheels. Once there done these wheels will go on another Schwinn Cruiser I'm working on.

Attachments

• IMG_3195 (1).jpg
    IMG_3195 (1).jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3208.jpg
    IMG_3208.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3271.jpg
    IMG_3271.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3272.jpg
    IMG_3272.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3273.jpg
    IMG_3273.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3274.jpg
    IMG_3274.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
I took my Elgin for the monthly Old Bikes Club Bluz Cruz yesterday since it's dressed up for Christmas. Beautiful weather warranted shorts for the day with friends cruising around Denver & happy that @Palepainter could make it to the ride! It's been a while.....🤓
IMG_20231217_124610379.jpg
IMG_20231217_154844606.jpg
IMG_20231217_155041645.jpg
IMG_20231217_154424536.jpg
IMG_20231217_154142462.jpg

I was lucky to get in some laps at Firestone after giving my truck a tune up but in my rush to get out the door I forgot my phone. I had the place to myself for about an hour! The angle of the sun made it almost impossible to see a couple of berms so had to call it a day & keep something in the tank for the Bluz Cruz on Sunday.....😂😂

Took ambitious for a spin this morning, stopped at the soccer fields for a couple snapshots
Really enjoying this bike, one of the better ones I’ve made 😎
I still dont know why these pics arnt allowing me to insert the full image, I’m working on it

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpeg
    7.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0013.jpeg
    9.9 MB · Views: 0
Had this Schwinn High Plains that I just switched the tires from (the originals sidewalls were shot) took it to a local park to test it…

Attachments

• F43D4BBD-516B-4C14-8B74-748A3E8BAFA9.jpeg
    F43D4BBD-516B-4C14-8B74-748A3E8BAFA9.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Had this Schwinn High Plains that I just switched the tires from (the originals sidewalls were shot) took it to a local park to test it…
That's a sweet bike. Love that drizzle paint job, but man, your cockpit could use some work. Those cables are a tangle, looks like they could interfere with the steering like that! Also, the brake levers seem inaccessible at the angle they're mounted at, arm should be pretty straight at the wrist when seated
How-to-ajdust-brake-levers-on-a-mountain-bike.jpg
images (7).jpeg

That's a sweet bike. Love that drizzle paint job, but man, your cockpit could use some work. Those cables are a tangle, looks like they could interfere with the steering like that! Also, the brake levers seem inaccessible at the angle they're mounted at, arm should be pretty straight at the wrist when seatedView attachment 254559View attachment 254560
I thought the brakes looked ok, in his video hes quite a big bloke so im assuming due to his height his wrists may be pretty close to that diagram you put up with the green tick,
The diagram itself is fantastic and ive never even given a thought about it to be honest....Guess its true what they say, Ya learn something new every day huh LOL!

quite a big bloke
I forgot that you're down under, do you run the brake levers opposite sides like the British so, rear brake on the left? As far as the cables are concerned, it looks like originally they were routed in front and under the bar, as opposed to over and behind, as yours is. If it isn't binding up or interfering with performance, then it's just a look thing and it doesn't matter, but you wouldn't want to be on a trail in a serious situation when you find out it's a problem.

Since Christmas is going to be low key this year I decided to try to get a bike built up over the weekend. Since I still need a brake cable & housing I threw the dirt jumper on the truck to hit "Roots" after finding what I needed.🤓
IMG_20231223_132833202.jpg

This is where my pump track obsession began and it has been a while since I rode here last. Overcast, warm weather got even better when the clouds cleared for a good dose of Vitamin D. It was a good reminder of why I love this place so much.😍😍😍

That's a sweet bike. Love that drizzle paint job, but man, your cockpit could use some work. Those cables are a tangle, looks like they could interfere with the steering like that! Also, the brake levers seem inaccessible at the angle they're mounted at, arm should be pretty straight at the wrist when seatedView attachment 254559View attachment 254560
It’s a work in progress…I just wanted to get it tested that particular day because daylight has been ending @ 4ish as of late and I’m not trying to ride in the woods at night sans illumination.

Back