what is this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what these things circled in red are? Never saw them on a bike before. This is on a Firmstrong Urban Deluxe.
While I am asking questions on this bike... The front wheel is pulling to the right. I have no experience with springer forks. Is there something that needs to be adjusted on it? Here's a picture of the forks that are on the bike.

IMAG2075.jpg IMAG2076.jpg

My springers ride good but are visibly off kilt... You'll have to start at spring and mount and work down each side at the same time with a hand on each side alternating eyes back and forth. Have wheel mounted just hand tight as to manipulate to see angles. Thats how you'll get familiar with springers as well. Usually it's off because the piece in front of spring which has Bolt going through it and spring has bent or where the bars press down at ends could be tweaked but also check both rear curved bars for same degree of bend. Sometimes one will give a lil before other. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

My springers ride good but are visibly off kilt... You'll have to start at spring and mount and work down each side at the same time with a hand on each side alternating eyes back and forth. Have wheel mounted just hand tight as to manipulate to see angles. Thats how you'll get familiar with springers as well. Usually it's off because the piece in front of spring which has Bolt going through it and spring has bent or where the bars press down at ends could be tweaked but also check both rear curved bars for same degree of bend. Sometimes one will give a lil before other. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
I'm trying to follow what you are saying but I may have to read your explanation again while looking at the forks t figure it out.

Thanks for explaining the tensioners too. When I put the bike together, they were so loose that they seemed like they could fall off at any second. I tightened them up a 1/4 turn past finger tight.

Latest posts

Back