What kind of bike is this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
crappy craigslist ad pics. i offered the seller 25 bucks for it because he doesnt konw what it is and i dont either. after sending him an email he learned that we have the same last name and spelled the same way so he said "you can have it." wont turn that down. pick it up tom but im stumped as to what im actually picking up. any ideas?
redthing2.jpg

redthing.jpg

just randomly searching craigslist i came across this bike http://madison.craigslist.org/bik/1440252960.html and the owner describes it as being badged hiawatha and the two look identical so i think you are right udall . Just waiting to here back from the guy I'm picking mine up from hopefully today and ill post up some pics. do you have any pics udall of yours? I have so many ideas already for this one I'm not going to be able to decide for a couple weeks.

DSCN0613.jpg

my free bike at home
DSCN0615.jpg

headbadge still there under a ton of paint
DSCN0620.jpg

chain bike corp rockaway beach new york?
DSCN0628.jpg

serial number, anyone figure this out for me?
DSCN0627.jpg

almost completely stripped

When I saw the bigger pics, I thought chain bike! They were the makers of Ross, and had several other badges such as Thunder Jet, Star jet, etc. Having a plane on the badge makes me think it's one of the jet models. ~Adam

That's a Ross. The R in the serial plus the fork crown and sprocket all indicate Ross.

Back