What's Shakin'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salute all ye citizens of Ratdom!!! I've been lurkin aboot a bit. So glad i found you gents! I've got a couple ideas of a tinkering nature, and I see the've found thier kin! Used to ride the tours on the skinny tires up here in NE Ohio as a teen with my pops. Now they've built a bike trail upto lake Erie from here and that to me is a reminicent cruise down the old rail lines. So I got a couple middlewieghts from gramps and I think they'd dig the scenery so here's the starting line-up. The Schwinn is going to stay as is untill I find a restoring-type painter, It has such a nice ride so im gonna "let it be".The Higgins on the other hand has been beggin for some touch. So I'm startin from here with it. Thanks for all the sweet rides men! It drives me like a 1 wood!
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo33 ... G_0479.jpg
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo33 ... G_0448.jpg

welcome!!!

hey, i have a flightliner like that one that i am parting out.
let me know if you need anything.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Hey there Blink, Im sure I can help ya with partin that out! I got a couple questions for ya too, I'll get into more detail later, but thanks for the heads up! Hey there Muddywater, Im up here in Warren, best view of this place is in the rearview mirror! Hey Gone Gonzo, been to your neck of the woods on my Honda 400ex, WOW whatta nice set of trails ya got there, most challenging!!! I'll post more of my inquiries in the proper forums. Thanks again!

Yeah Shakin,

I've been riding Yellow Creek since the early 1970's. Have a on/off rail buggy in the works as we speek.

Lately have been riding the bike trail in Canfield and Lisbon. This bike thing is addicting isn't it.

Being na old hotrodder, this is right up my alley

GG

Welcome Chrome! In case ya need a lil extra inspiration fer your Higg, here's one of my two!
SUNP0017.jpg
The other one will be a stocker. ~Adam

this is the one i am parting out....
2809981606_ae52c5f364_b.jpg

Joey Mac might be buying the tank from me.
everything else except the frame is for sale.

Hey GoneGonzo, Hows the trail down that way? I haven't done that leg of it yet. Rail buggys are a sweet way to get around. I saw few down in wellsville on the trails. One guy had a really huge Husquvarnis engine, man that thing could scream! I take my quads to the dirt, always a blast, but they've been crackin down around here so I'm gonna wait till it cools down a bit or find some poker runs to finish the season out. With gas as high as it is, I havent hit the Hatfield McCoy system this year :x . So I've been tinkering with the gas-less tanks. It is highly addictive indeed!!! Lemme know if you catch wind of any local bike events. Cya on the flipside ~Kevin

Hey Rustinkerer, Niiiice Higg! I like the way that fork streached it out!!! and those bars fit it clean!!! That frame looks great!, is that the original chrome? I was thinkin of gettin mine dipped, its down to the nickle plating. Sweet rims too, bet they make the sun dance!!! Most Inspirational!!! I was mockin mine up a bit, got a couple pics, I was thinkin a sleeker seat shape would help the flow of the lines.I cant find a bracket that would fit the stem and keep it low. I'm gonna keep the tank and the rack, hopefully I can find the missing parts, but I'd like to put an Art Deco style rocket shape tailight on top of it, launch this liner!!!
mockinup.jpg
IMG_0518.jpg
IMG_0520.jpg
Just kickin a few ideas aboot.

That frame looks great!, is that the original chrome?
Actually, yes! I got this frame on ebay for cheap! I already had one with the tank and springer. I had the vision for the bike, but they look too cool original! So I found the 2nd frame, and built it up to the point it is in the pic. I really want a silver/white speckle banana seat, but haven't been able to find a cheap repop. The originals are just too pricey! Also, the Elgin chainguard is either a repop or someone chromed it. I haven't seen an original in chrome. ~Adam

Back