What's up from Jacksonville, Florida

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up fellow addicts. My name is Art. I'm a long time reader, but just finally decided to register. Not really sure why I took so long. I've been into bikes for years, but it was mostly just customizing my mountain bike and riding a rusted, no personality beach cruiser around my local beach. However, about 2 years ago I bought a GT Dyno Motoglyde. While searching the net for parts and ideas, I came across the ratrod site. Then I came across a few pictures of vintage bikes and that was all it took. Now I just love finding,restoring, and riding them and I pretty much owe it all to this site. Anyway...great site and glad to be part of it. Attached are some pics of my latest projects.

DSCF1939.jpg

DSCF1940.jpg

DSCF1927.jpg

DSCF1910.jpg

Welcome!

Nice bikes, I especially like the Wasp. Where do you ride in Jax? I'm up near Mayport, and usually ride at Hannah Park or at Mayport Naval station, along the Beach is good too, Ocean or 1st st. Traffic is pretty bad everywhere around town. We are planning to go riding Saturday at the Baldwin Rail Trail, that's the best ride I've found yet around Jax.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I've actually got the WASP and Typhoon listed on ebay. I live in Atlantic Beach, so I ride my cruisers up and down Ocean and 1st alot...to go to lunch, dinner, lemon bar, ect... Plus I always surf at 4th St since it's close and has a shower / bike rack. Lately, I have just been riding Hannah and occasionally Ft. Clinch to mountain bike. But when I used to ride alot and gas wasn't killing me, I would go out to Santos, Razorback, Graham Swamp...pretty much anywhere I could go to get some sort of downhills. I even built a big teeter totter with a friend and stuck it out there at West Side Regional, but I heard someone got hurt out there and they tore everything down. Haven't been back since. I've read about that Baldwin Rail Trail on singletracks.com, but I was thinking that it is all just paved road. Are there any trails back there at all or is it just a nice easy going type ride?

That's funny. I was browsing the site the other day, and saw those pics from your 4th of July ride. I remember thinking it was cool to see pics on here from the beach. Hope to see you around...I'll keep an eye out for your bike.

BY THE WAY...I just wanted to give credit where credit is due. I purchased the DX from John / Mercury Man. He did an incredible job on it before I even touched it. Here is a pic of how it looked when I bought it. Pretty sweet already. Thanks again man.

002.jpg

Thanks John. That's actually another reason I wanted that picture. I was going to let you know I finally signed up, but you beat me to it. I've since stolen the reflector from the old seat and added it to the new one and replaced the kickstand with a drop kickstand. Don't think the kickstand is really period correct, but I like the way it looks. I "think" I'm done...

No, yeah the old DX most likely had the frame through Miller kickstand, glad to hear that the seat reflector has a new home and purpose in life, I always just hid it under the seat, 1- so it wouldn't get lost and 2- basically to keep it safe, good stuff there man.

Back